Author Topic: Watsons in Kimberley  (Read 4434 times)

Offline haywards

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Watsons in Kimberley
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I should have added that James, Thomas and Joseph had another brother who had issue, Robert (1849 to 1946) who could be your ancestor. He was a JP and lived just outside Keady.

Offline bluecarlton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
This definitely confirms the link with your mention of Robert as a JP.
Robert was my grandfather and my father was called Frank.
There are  ied to other things that tie in and in particular the house at Broomhill. Coincidentally my sister remembered that my mother had taken her to this house visiting whoever.
As I am doing the family tree I have been unable to go back further than my grandfather. this has filled a big gap in the tree.
All of my aunts and uncles and parents have passed so i am struggling to carry on until now.
In a way we must be related in a roundabout way - I'll work it out .
I live in england and have done for 50 years so it was difficult to get information.
My grandfather Robert was married to a Elizabeth Garmany but here again a brick wall-have you any information.
Speak again

Geoff

Offline haywards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 August 14 09:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Geoff. Anything more you can discover (maybe from your siblings) about South Africa would be helpful, or if you could confirm the location of the farm.

As regards tracing your ancestors, if you have Ancestry you can see what we have discovered on this family tree http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/24411283/family which my cousin has posted. You are shown without a name, but some of your siblings are named.  We may know more after our forthcoming visit to Ireland.

Hope that helps.

Offline bluecarlton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 August 14 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi again
Unfortunately your family tree will not allow me in, as I don't subscribe to that particular site.
The information for RSA is scant because I have no one left that can help.
I keep saying to surviving cousins that the family tree should have been done when uncles and aunts and parents were alive.
My tree contains about 400 relatives but that includes my wifes
Who are you visiting in Keady? The farmhouse that my grandfather built in the circa 1905, and where my father lived all his life,  is still their but when my parents died it was decided to sell in 1980s. Coincidentally it was bought by a Watson who lived in the next farm but no relation.
Hope you have a successful trip
Geoff