Author Topic: Connolly from Cranaghan and Rielly from Drumlougher  (Read 1624 times)

Offline answer1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connolly from Cranaghan and Rielly from Drumlougher
« on: Thursday 30 January 14 05:26 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information regarding the eldest daughter and youngest daughter of Michael Connolly and Alice Rielly Connolly married 11/7/1885. They had 5 children Francis, Mary, Susan, Bridget and Elizabeth. I have a little information from Francis, Bridget my Grandmother and Susan.If anyone can give me the married name of either Mary or Elizabeth then I can search the BDM. I know Michael died in 1905 and in the 1911 census we can find Alice, Francis and Elizabeth in Nth Glebe, Fermanagh. Other than this I am in the dark.I would also love the date of death of Alice and where she died. Any thing and Everything will be appreciated. Thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly from Cranaghan and Rielly from Drumlougher
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 January 14 10:34 GMT (UK) »
The surname is listed as Connelly in 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cavan/Ballyconnell/Ballyconnell/1056912

In 1911 they are in Lisnadurk Glebe North-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Fermanagh/Clonkeelan/Lisnadurk_Glebe_North/512616

With a common surname like Connolly it will be difficult to find the correct people merely from searching the civil registration index (online index goes up to 1921 for Northern Ireland counties so if Alice stayed in Fermanagh and died after 1921 you will not find her death in the online index). See https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927084

PRONI have the Valuation Revision Books for Northern Ireland online and it would be worth looking at Lisnadurk Glebe North to see how long the family might have been there (goes up to c1930). See www.proni.gov.uk
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline answer1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly from Cranaghan and Rielly from Drumlougher
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 January 14 03:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I will look into the on line information recommended at PRONI