Author Topic: John Meredith  (Read 14193 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: John Meredith
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 June 13 19:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Keyboard
You've come up trumps as usual and as always I appreciate your help.  Thanks to Mike also, interesting piece of info, I had presumed, given his occupation of Railway Labourer, that he had migrated to Montgomeryshire following the work, your details has added some likely reason for him being in the area.
Regards to all for helping out.
Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 June 13 19:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Keyboard
You've come up trumps as usual and as always I appreciate your help.  Thanks to Mike also, interesting piece of info, I had presumed, given his occupation of Railway Labourer, that he had migrated to Montgomeryshire following the work, your details has added some likely reason for him being in the area.
Regards to all for helping out.
Roy

Hi Roy, still not 100% with 1871 but the Albert in 1881 has a son John Thomas, also who is the Alice b c 1851 Hanley Park, which I see is in Upton upon Severn area in 1871, also the Wright boys in 1841?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 June 13 19:26 BST (UK) »
I see familysearch has a birth for a john Meredith in   Berriew in Montgomeryshire at about the correct year, but there cannot be two families with such similarly named children can there?

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 June 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
Just realised John was called Thomas in 1871?????  Upton on Severn was the Registration place for Malvern area.  Sorry to be a nusiance but was there an address for them on the 1871?
Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 June 13 20:23 BST (UK) »
Just realised John was called Thomas in 1871?????  Upton on Severn was the Registration place for Malvern area.  Sorry to be a nusiance but was there an address for them on the 1871?
Roy

Hi Roy, in 1871 it was Lygan Cottages, Great Malvern
Keyboard
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 June 13 14:26 BST (UK) »
Just obtained a copy of the marriage certificate of Hannah Meredith, daughter of John Meredith, dated 13 Feb 1870, the ceremony taking place in Malvern.  John Meredith's profession that of Hostler.  I won't right off the 1871 census details just yet, mistakes are common.  I continue to seek the family on the 1881 hoping to prove or disprove.
Regards, Roy

Offline lecat35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 15:17 BST (UK) »
I'm really interested to see where this one leads. Please contact me with regards to it I have a slight brick wall that this make link to I think..... I'm hopeful

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
You've got my attention; what is it you want?

Offline lecat35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 00:01 BST (UK) »
Im struggling with James Meredith as I said in another post I did think however I might have better luck with a sibling finding the information on Parentage etc. I just wondered if this guy links up with my James in any way.

Here is the info I have.
 James Meredith

In 1958 James made a trip via unassisted travel on board the vessel the cyclone from Britain to Sydney NSW Australia. He married Sophia Harriett Little at Toryburn a district of Armidale NSW, both marking there documents with there mark this was on the 23rd Jan 1860. the documents don't have details of parents place of birth or anything outside of the religion being Church of Scotland.

James Death 10th December 1864, Armidale NSW, he was 38years, he was a farmer/ shearer of Clerkness in the Armidale District. He died of Diptheria and is buried in the Bundarra Cemetery Burial took place December 12 1864.At the time of his death he left his young wife of 19.5years and 3 children.