Author Topic: Ann Hathaway Beam  (Read 1920 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Hathaway Beam
« on: Friday 31 October 14 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Ann Hathaway Beam b 1781---I assume in  Gloucestershire as she  marries a James Palmer 1802 Prestbury Glos. James was born 1781 Toddington .Tree on line.
She Dies 17 Nov 1833 Prestbury and is buried along with her husband 1844 in St Marys Prestbury Glos.
The Head stone records her as dying at age  52 --and this is why I am saying she was born 1781. But I have been unable to find a  birth record. Would also like to be able to trace her parents but no nothing about them. Appreciate any information.
Many thanks.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hathaway Beam
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 14 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I can confirm that both Ann PALMER and James PALMER were both buried at St Mary, Prestbury as follows:-
21/11/1833, Ann PALMER, aged 52
19/12/1844, James PALMER, aged 63
Also, James PALMER married Ann Hathaway BEAM at St Mary, Prestbury, 7th June 1802, by Banns.
I shall be in Glos Archives (GA) in the morning and will check the marriage record to see if there is anything further that may give a clue as to parents. Glos Archives (GA) Film PMF 254.
I'll also check the St Mary, Prestbury baptism PR to see what I can find.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 October 14 14:49 GMT (UK) »
That is very kind Victor ----thank you.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 October 14 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Beam seems to be a rare name in Gloucestershire so possibly a transcription error.

I have found the following - just a couple of years out:

Ann Hathaway BEREN bp.1/6/1784 Bishops Cleeve, Gloucester, dau. of Sarah Beren.

This is on familysearch.org and there were a number of other Beren baptisms around in Gloucestershire.   

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 November 14 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Source: Glos Archives (GA) PMF 254, Entry No 47, St Mary, Prestbury:-
James PALMER of this parish, Bachelor, and Ann Hathaway BEARN(?), of this parish, Spinster, were married in this Church by Banns, this 7th day of June, 1802.
Both signed in the presence of William HIGNILL, Eliza George & John NEWMAN.
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 November 14 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Many Thanks for the information---what do you think Victor of the suggestion that it could be Beren.? Pallots Marriage record for James Palmer and Ann Hathaway B---show it as Beam but a mystery why unable to trace records .Beren and your suggestion don't look dissimilar
Just by way of update the witness William Hignill was James Palmers brother in law.----married to Elizabeth Palmer.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 November 14 09:58 GMT (UK) »
A good effort by all!