Author Topic: German Ancestry help required PLEASE!!!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Sally7216

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Learning all the time!!!
    • View Profile
Re: German Ancestry help required PLEASE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 16:44 BST (UK) »
Well we are nearly a year on now since my last posting on here and i am no further forward. I did try the ad. in the local paper to no avail. I am actually at the moment in Itzehoe (5 miles away) this week and went to the local museum to see if there was anything on him there but to no avail.

We did find the gravestone of Waldemar and Kathe however so that was a relief at least.
Researching - Vogeley. Chambers, Cant, Holden, Watling, Barnard, Goddard, Wells and Fiddler

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 17:17 BST (UK) »
There's One Vogeley in the original home town of Itzehoe:-

Vogeley Artur
Reichenstr. 4
Tel: 04821 6 40 10

==
5 kilometres away in Ohlendorf there's

Vogeley Wilfried
Ziegelei 6
25588 Oldendorf
Tel: 04821 7 87 87
==

there's another two Vogeley(s) about 23 kilometres away
===
There are 7 Schultz households in the town: 2 near the town centre and the rest about 2km from the centre

good luck
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Sally7216

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Learning all the time!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 19:04 BST (UK) »
thanks Rena

That Artur i did write to before i think he was the son of Waldemar but he died a couple of years ago.

Sally
Researching - Vogeley. Chambers, Cant, Holden, Watling, Barnard, Goddard, Wells and Fiddler

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 21:05 BST (UK) »
Oh what a bummer.

I got the name, address & phone number from the German white page telephone book.  It's a bit awkward that they've got the number allocated to a man who died two years ago !

below is the "expanded" search webpage which also indicates mileage/kilometres.    Arthur & wilfred seem out of fashion names so I wondered if they were the same generation & related.

http://www.infobel.com/en/world/Teldir.aspx?Ct=Europe&Co=Germany&Dn=Das%20Telefonbuch&url=http://www.dastelefonbuch.de/
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Sally

I was in Germany earlier this year and when I had some spare time after sightseeing I went to the town archives and just asked if they had something on the name I was researching and  was given a folder I could look at and photo copy. Worth a try. You could also go to the Standesamt and ask for a copy of the Sterbeurkunde. It could tell you more. Itzehoe is not a very large town, you could also try the Parish Offices.

Good luck, Peonie