Author Topic: McIntyre ancestry  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Blaker41

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McIntyre ancestry
« on: Saturday 24 July 10 19:49 BST (UK) »
Alexander McIntyre was born 24 Apr 1816 in Forres, Moray. Parents believed to be Donald McIntyre and Mary Ross. Several older siblings. Brick wall so far in confirming his rightful ancestry. Emigrated to Canada where he died in 1849. Any information or advice gratefully received.
Blank - Devon, Boys - Hampshire, Buchanan - Fife, McIntyre - Moray, Morrison - Inverness

Offline Genetrix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McIntyre ancestry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 January 12 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blaker41:  Just saw your message re McIntyre ancestry.  IGI have a family group for Donald McIntyre and Mary Ross from Morayshire.  It shows 6 children but no Alexander mentioned.  I have confirmation that two of the sons shown (Thomas and Peter) emigrated to Canada in the mid 1800's and settled in Ontario.  I have much information on them if you think its the same family.

Offline Blaker41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 January 12 18:01 GMT (UK) »
This is the same family. Am familiar with the IGI file where Alexander is not noted, thus my brick wall. Have a fair bit of anecdotal info that says/suggests Alexander was the younger brother of Thomas & Peter, but no connection evident in Scotland so far. Anything you can share re the family much appreciated.
Blank - Devon, Boys - Hampshire, Buchanan - Fife, McIntyre - Moray, Morrison - Inverness

Offline Genetrix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 12 15:48 GMT (UK) »
If you PM me your email address I can give you details of Peter and Thomas's families in Canada. Thomas and Peter's son James were cabinet makers and undertakers.  Where in Canada did Alexander die?

Patricia

Offline CBrown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 03:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Blaker41 and Genetrix!  I was so excited to find your posts I signed up right away.  Hope you're still out there...  My ancestor was James McIntyre of Ingersoll, Ontario, cheese poet and cabinet/coffin maker, son of Peter and Primrose Simpson McIntyre and nephew of Thomas (and perhaps Alexander?).  I have a lot of information on James and his daughter (son Alexander died aged 17) but I have never been able to go back farther than Peter and Primrose of Forres.  I'm looking forward to pooling my information with yours!
Carolyn

Offline Genetrix

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Carolyn:  James McIntyre (the cheese poet) was my 2nd cousin 4 x removed.  Are you related to Harvey Brown of Alberta, Canada?  We were in contact a couple of years ago and he was able to provide me with some information on James's daughter Kate Ruttan.  I have a couple of generations back from Peter and Primrose in Scotland and would like to contact you by email.  You have to post three messages on Roots Chat before I can send you a PM (personal message) when I can give you my email address.  So just post two more messages here and I'll PM you.

Regards, Patricia  :D

Offline CBrown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
Wonderful!  Yes, I'm Harvey's daughter.

Offline CBrown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile