Author Topic: Catholic Baptism Records Online  (Read 3884 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Baptism Records Online
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 30 November 14 10:09 GMT (UK) »
P.S. I just removed the reference numbers for that record.  This is because I've been off the board for a while, but remember there were copyright issues around one census.  I'm assuming that with that particular year now available from more than one source, that no longer applies - could someone confirm? Thanks

RootsChat is playing safe and still not allowing disclosure of any information from the 1911 census! RC can't afford the legal bills if BrightSolid decide to sue?!

But you can post anything found in a free index? ;D

I don't have a current subscription to FindMyPast or 1911census.co.uk or GenesReunited, so I do post names from the 1911 census I find on them ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 November 14 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both.  Garstang / Garston.  Apologies Garstonite, you're quite right!  That'll teach me to post in a hurray. Subliminal I suppose from my own Preston records, didn't even realised I'd done that.

And K Garrad, thanks for the information because I only remembered the copyright issue later.  Good to know
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 30 November 14 14:11 GMT (UK) »
THANKYOU EVERYONE!

Dad is doing good Garstonite - had a big reminiscing afternoon and a few beers as I turned myself bat-crazy trying to find my family records online and bugged him with lots of questions.  I wish I could type everything he has to say - you'd love it!  Today he was telling me about watching South Liverpool Football Club play a barefoot Nigeria team at holly park about 70 years ago.  And how the woodcutters band would march down vulcan street, then king street, stop at all the pubs for a pint, and finally get to holly park and play against ?? south liverpool.  It was called a comic match or something like that.

OK my dramas are partly resolved, well no not resolved but I feel a bit better!

I have on my granny Annie (working backwards):
My granny and grandads marriage in 1919
The 1911 Census of Thomas, Maria, Mary, and Anna/Annie in Garston
The 1901 Census of Thomas, Maria, Mary, and Annie in Much Woolton
The 1890 Marriage of Thomas and Maria in Kensington (Sacred Heart)

And I found (I think) Thomas's birth/baptism in Castlerea, Roscommon, Ireland, and his parents marriage!! (and his parents names lol).  (hence why I feel better!!).

Still missing
The 1891 Census of Thomas and Maria, I think they were living in Much Woolton then too.
Marias Baptism, in Woolton.
Marys Baptism (cant recall where).

As to why they married in Kensington.  One possible answer is at the time, St Francis of Assisi the actual church was not available, and instead the parishioners were meeting in an old church hall of another denomination.  So they might have selected another church so they could get married in the chapel.

And their address - apparently the bride had to reside in the catchment area of the church?  It may have been a very temporary address..

So I have achieved something super cool today - my grandmas fathers place of birth and parents.  Back to his birth in 1859 and his parents wedding in Roscommon in 1857.  Happy with that.  Now to find my grandmas mothers details.
Angela, Perth, West Australia.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
Hart: Garston and Woolton (UK), Roscommon (Irl).
McC(h)rystal: Garston, Wigan, Desertmartin (Nrthn Irl), Canada, USA, Australia
Miller: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Jones: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Boyle: (Derry, Irl)
Gill: Garston L'pool UK, and Ireland.
Cannon: Woolton and Roscommon
Callaghan: Unknown.
And more.

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 November 14 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Oh PS not sure if I mentioned it.  Today I asked the General Registry Office to try to find my grannys birth certificate.  I didn't have the reference numbers so just gave them the year, and her parents names.  Hopefully they find it.  I should have it in about 2-3 weeks if so.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
And more.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 November 14 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Good memory your dad - ....South Liverpool celebrated their first game under FLOODLIGHTS - when they  they played Nigeria about 1957 as I remember ....
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 01 December 14 01:43 GMT (UK) »
good old Wikipedia, just found this:
In September 1949, Holly Park hosted the first match in the UK to be played under "permanent" floodlights, a friendly against a Nigerian XI (the first Nigerian side to tour the UK). The match was covered for BBC Overseas Service (now World Service) by Kenneth Wolstenholme, who would later earn fame for his commentary on the World Cup final of 1966.[3] The final score was 2-2, with the official attendance 13,007.

And more.