Author Topic: Where in Rutland was she born/baptised?  (Read 7804 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Where in Rutland was she born/baptised?
« on: Wednesday 28 December 11 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Noble  married in Exton Oct 1738 but I can't find a baptism for her there or any other Noble's.

Could someone check and see if they have any Rutland PRs to see her likely birth town/viilage  ::)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
Re: Where in Rutland was she born/baptised?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 January 12 04:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I found the marriage hoping to get some clues from husbands' side, there are however, a number of Dalby's in Exton, though nothing to help that I could see.

If she was born out of county, the closest I can see for Elizabeth is in Wellingborough, Northants' about 20 or so miles away...
IGI/Family Search:
18 Feb 1718 Elizabeth, d. of Elizabeth Noble, Wellingborough, bap.

There is a record/tree on Ancestry with similar info, the repository source is in Nottingham, so may be worth looking further afield.

Regards
Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 January 12 17:01 GMT (UK) »
I had not looked on family search, but as a clue where to look...its sensible.........so Thank you I will now go and do some digging and see what I can find in Wellingborough.

With the year I have no idea where she was born as she died in 1808 in Exton.... just know it wasn't Exton. Unfortunately I don't have ancestry, so that is a difficult one......

I am hoping some of the peolpe who offer look up of Rutland PRs they have will see this and have a look for me as that would be lovely....in the time being...I am off to dig in Wellingboro' :o
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 January 12 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Ok i’ll give this a go but I have a very bad head cold at the moment so I hope it makes sense. I have the transcribed parish records for 31 parishes in Rutland & have found the following:

Marriage: 9 Oct 1738  JOHN DALBY & ELIZABETH NOBLE   Exton

Burial: 24 Aug 1808  ELIZABETH DALBY  Age: 70   Exton

Are you sure the burial is the correct ELIZABETH DALBY? as the one in EXTON died in 1808 aged 70 wouldn’t that have made her born sometime around 1738? Could the burial possibly be for a different ELIZABETH DALBY? There was an ELIZABETH DALBY baptised in EXTON on 27 Jul 1735.

There was a burial as follows:

Burial: 30 Nov 1759 ELIZABETH NOBLE  Braunston (but too late as surname would have been Dalby by then)

There were other ELIZABETH DALBY burials but were ‘daughters of’ so I would imagine they were children. One other burial was a widow but was too early. Which just leaves these:

Burial: 19 Jun 1792   ELIZABETH DALBY  EXTON

Burial: 19 May 1797  ELIZABETH DALBY  EXTON

Burial: 3 Apr 1799   ELIZABETH DALBY EXTON

Burial: 3 Feb 1776  ELIZABETH DALBY  in RHYALL  (There was also a JOHN DALBY burial also in RHYALL on 22 Sep 1762)

I didn’t find a baptism...sorry. Although I only have 31 parishes on my CD’s I think there may have been about 50 in total so it’s still possible it was in Rutland.....

Just thought these might be helpful:

Burial: 16 Nov 1767 JOHN DALBY  EXTON

Burial: 26 Mar 1773 JOHN DALBY  EXTON

Burial: 17 Mar 1808 JOHN DALBY Age:65 EXTON

:)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 January 12 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you....as there are many Dalby's in and around Rutland I can not be sure of anything as at that time in history there are few records to cross reference with...thank you for pointing out the obvious maths I had completely missed it thinking only about names and village

Offline Maeabbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 January 12 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I discovered that Exton Parish Council have a website.  If you click on this you will find there is a lot of information on Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths associated with Exton Parish Church.  There is also a Churchyard Survey.  I have found this most useful.

Hope it is helpful to you.  There are lots of information on Dalby name but not Noble.  Did you find anything more about Elizabeth Noble.  Have you tried looking in records for Leicestershire?  I knew a Joyce Noble from Hallaton in Leicestershire; just a thought.

Regards
Maeabbie
Smart,Smith,Coy,Parkes,Walker,Dunmore,Pykett,Page,Russell,Wright,Hopkinson,Taylor,Kennedy,Watson

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 January 12 23:42 GMT (UK) »
I have been doing some digging in Wellingboro' and I have to say have found lots of Nobles ..includes Elizabeth's and to make things more interesting some other surnames I would later associate with Exton. BUT problem is it is very difficult to track someone at this time in history, they loved to use the same first names, so that makes it difficult to know one from another and I have been trying to research a couple to see if they married in Northamps, which would exclude them....anyway still up to my neck in mud! ::)

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 January 12 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Good luck with your searching ;)

I'm currently researching the Barret's (& other spelling variations) from Exton.....they are giving me the run around too  ::)  ;D

If you need anyone else looking up on the transcribed records I have just shout. I just noticed you have Clements in Rutland on your research list, I have some Clements from Exton.....

Maeabbie....thank you for pointing out that site I found it very useful & even found out the exact date my 5x great grandmother died.

:)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maeabbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 January 12 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Glad I was able to help in some way.  My family history research covers Exton, Ashwell, Ayston, Preston and Ridlington and so I try any way to find out my information. I have a little booklet which gives information of who is buried in Ashwell Churchyard.

Lots of people on Rootschat have helped me and it is good to help in return.

Maeabbie
Smart,Smith,Coy,Parkes,Walker,Dunmore,Pykett,Page,Russell,Wright,Hopkinson,Taylor,Kennedy,Watson