Author Topic: Sutton and Great Glenham PRS  (Read 4679 times)

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton and Great Glenham PRS
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for that information. I shall look into that.

Thanks again everyone.

Sue

Offline Toffee203

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 March 20 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone able to tell me who the children of Burwell Edwards and Susan Wade were?
Many thanks it might help with a few brick walls in my tree

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 March 20 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Burwell Edwards 1766-1845 married Susan Wade 1770-1800 daughter of John Wade 1738-1821 and Hannah Shuckford 1740-1825.
Burwell and Susan married at Great Glemham Parish Church, 24/7/1791.
Children: Susanna Bap 28/11/1791 All Saints, Sutton, Suffolk D 1795 buried 25/12/1795, Sutton,

Hannah Eliza Bap 13/4/1796 All Saints, Sutton D 1821 buried in Sutton, Suffolk. She married 12/8/1819 at St James, Westminster Samuel Newson 1788-1861, a surgeon. No known children.

Susan Louisa Bap 7/9/1799 All Saints, Sutton, D 1828 who married 18/8/1819 St James the Less, Westminster, Gideon Betty. I believe he died before 1827. Susan died 1828 and by her will dated 12/12/1827 which confirms her as a widow she left everything to her father. No known children.
(NB Witness to her Will was a Joseph Gurning, B 1777, a surgeon at St Georges Hospital, London, whose father the Rev Joseph Gurning was the vicar of All Saints, Sutton, Suffolk. The Reverends brother, John was Sergeant Surgeon to George lll and to the army.)

Burwell Edwards never remarried. He was a landowner and had inherited the Burwell Estates in Suffolk. He lived at Fenn Hall, Sutton, Suffolk and was known as an eccentric old man in his later years. He was found drowned in his pond on the Fenn Hall estate in 1845 and was buried at All Saints 28/6. He died intestate, which seems odd for a man of such means, at least a Will was never found. His entire estate was therefore left to his elder sister, Mary Hunt nee Edwards and when she died in 1847 to her eldest son, Burwell Hunt (my ggg grandfather).

Hope this helps. Do ask if you have any further questions.

Sue

Offline Toffee203

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 March 20 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for such a speedy reply! I'm not sure if my connection is therefore connected. I'm trying to find the parents of a George Edwards who was a surgeon in Eye. He was born there in 1801 but is a bit of a mystery!

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 19:08 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the parents of a George Edwards who was a surgeon in Eye. He was born there in 1801 but is a bit of a mystery!

See my reply under a new topic, EDWARDS of Eye, Thorndon and Brockford.

David