Author Topic: Guy Hughes Photograph Collection - Pwllheli ?  (Read 9929 times)

Offline milesy

• My employees email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guy Hughes Photograph Collection - Pwllheli ?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 June 14 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Milesy, thanks for getting back about the photos of Guys,It was a shock to say the least as  Ethal(your Great grandmother)Eric (your Great uncle Iorarths Father) and Nevile your Grandfather all decided that they would put them in the archives in Caernarvonshire for the History of Wales.
I was in the Archives not so long ago and was puzzeld then about no photo History being available .When did they send them out Australia? .

well mum has now been gone for more than 6 years so it is probably around 8 or 9 years ago.
Certainly Nevile knew they were here, but i beleiv Eric (who i never met) died some years before that so i guess that left Nevile as the 'owner' of them.
From memory i dont think mum was very impressed when she went to see them in the archives (how they were being stored etc) so had them bought out here.
Anyway they are here if your interested in them :-)

So Iorarths is Eric's son?

Offline ENGLAND WALES

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 June 14 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Miley ,yes Iorarth is Erics eldest son he has a brother called Berwyn ,and a sister called Yola.
Eric died on the 30th of January 2006 the same year as Nevile died.
Sorry to hear your mum has died she would only have been in her early 60,s not very old.Yes we are interested in Guys photo work .He was a lovely gentelman, he wore britches with knee high dark brown wool socks and the most highley polished leather shoes you ever saw !!!!! (no trainers for him).

Offline Llwyds

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 June 19 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I’m looking for photographs of the new town and market hall (know Neuadd Dwyfor, and was wondering if there where any in his collection.
Thanks
Jon

Offline julnz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 July 22 14:11 BST (UK) »
We have a photograph taken by Guy Hughes during WW1 in Pwlhelli of my G Uncle Robert Williams. Robert was NZ soldier sent to Wales hospital. We assume he was visiting his Williams or Pierce relatives whilst there. Really keen to be in touch with Maureen Miles who may have more photos of him.

Offline julnz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 July 22 04:39 BST (UK) »
I would love to be in touch with the family of Guy Hughes Re glass negatives. We have one photo taken by Guy of our Robert Owen Williams visiting Wales family while convalescing WW1. Hopefully there are more of him in his uniform.
Julie Meikle