Author Topic: Dougherty, Convery, Trainor, Doran, Graham, McAtee - Whitehaven  (Read 8111 times)

Offline genie tragic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dougherty, Convery, Trainor, Doran, Graham, McAtee - Whitehaven
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hello
Is there anyone out there looking up these names from 1840 onwards in Whitehaven or Cleator?

Frances

Hi Frances,

I have just joined rootschat and found your message from some time ago.
I am descended from Thomas Convery and Eliza Doran through their daughter Sarah Ann who married Daniel Brannon/Branney.

Offline Fabregas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 May 14 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hello
Which one of Sarah's children are you descended from? I have had  e mail contact with people from this line. How far back have you got looking for Converys?

Offline genie tragic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 May 14 02:54 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Eliza Brannon/Branney, born 1881. She married Thomas Miller and later migrated to Australia. I haven't got back very far on the Convery side, I'm afraid. Sarah's father was Thomas, born abt. 1822 in Derry, and his father was Andrew.  I haven't had any luck with Irish records at all. Trying to research from Australia makes it all the more difficult I think.
Sarah's mother Eliza Doran was born abt. 1822 (baptised 13 Jan 1822) Kirk German, Isle of Man. Her parents were Patrick Doran and Margaret Cain.

Offline Fabregas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hello
I got as far as you did in looking up Converys. I am from Sarah's older brother, John who died in Whitehaven in 1878.
There is a photo of Eliza and her family on ancestry, did you put that on or is that another descendent?

Offline genie tragic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 09:12 BST (UK) »
I gave a copy of the photo and a lot of information to the person who put the tree online. I didn't know she was putting it on ancestry when I gave it to her. Some of the data on the tree doesn't match what I have.