Author Topic: Mary Ann Baillie  (Read 19386 times)

Offline applemac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Baillie
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 01 September 13 19:29 BST (UK) »
my Bailies all seem to have originated from Tullyvallen townland in co armagh and i'm almost sure they aren't connected to the co louth Bailies, although my family also have John,Hugh, william. however you could well have links to the Bailie family that Gregm49 who started this post  referred to .  the RIC connection seems more than a co incidence. If you look on PRONI wills search,  there are a few Bailies from co Louth mentioned . there is a john married to margaret with a son hugh and daughters sarah,eliza and margaret.there is a william with a father robert ellis bailie and children harriet eveline,charles edward,alfred,emily whilamina, henry victor and a deceased daughter margaret, just in case those names sound familiar.

Offline plumpyone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 13:57 BST (UK) »
hi folks,

Very interested in the various references to David Donaldson - my gt gt grandfather was a David Donaldson, Land Steward in the Newtownhamilton area - his daughter Mary married a James Fulton in 1876. thats all the info I have on David so any more clues would be greatly welcomed!

thanks

Offline applemac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 22:31 BST (UK) »
the David Donaldson that i mentioned was married to margaret bailie who was a cousin and neighbour of my grt grandfather who lived in townland of tullyvallen newtownhamilton. he was born 1842, married in1864 and one of his 9 children was called mary ann who was born in1874  which wouldn't fit with your dates. on the 1901 census he is listed as being a farmer.
i was wondering your Donaldsons would be from the parish of creggan , in particular the townland of cloghoge. this is where my fathers family were from and there were a lot of Donaldsons who seemed to own a lot of land. have a look at the Creggan Historical society web site, under the townlands, as there is some great information there.