Author Topic: hoping that someone can help  (Read 1932 times)

Offline shebalee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hoping that someone can help
« on: Saturday 03 May 14 03:05 BST (UK) »
i am looking for information please on the history of the lands of Pitkerrow and Omachi&c as i believe that they became properties of the Lairds from Grange-Durham in the years 1322-1525  by different generations of michael durham of the grange,alexander durham of grange durham,and theres james and john durham as well. however it seemed to start off with Sir William Durham who was a valiant knight of Robert the Bruce and was said to have been given the land.
Can anyone from Scotland please put me on track as to whose who and maybe just maybe?with the history of Angus, please
thanks shebalee
Durham,london,middlesx
Sharp-kent,
HOLLAND, BAGHDAD,ENGLAND
Powell
Brown,Sale
Hicksons ,CHESHIRE
cLAYTON.....

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: hoping that someone can help
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 14 12:26 BST (UK) »
There are a chapters on Pitkerrow and the Durhams in A J Warden's 5-volume series 'Angus or Forfarshire', published in Dundee around 1880. I have had a quick look and there seem to be online versions of this book available.

You want to go for Volume 4, pages 123, 129, 144, 154-161, and 397.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.