Author Topic: William Harry Wylde-Browne Died 16 Sept 1890  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
William Harry Wylde-Browne Died 16 Sept 1890
« on: Tuesday 28 January 14 17:16 GMT (UK) »
William Wylde-Browne died in Saltford Somerset.  I am trying to locate his burial spot.  A relative contacted me on findagrave.com and I thought I would turn to you for help.  I could not locate him on ancestry.com burials.

Thanks once again!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Harry Wylde-Browne Died 16 Sept 1890
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 January 14 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

He died in Somerset but you have posted on the Shropshire board.  Was that an error or is there a possibility he was buried in Shropshire

EDIT - post has now been moved to Somerset
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 January 14 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Based on the probate calendar entry and Emily still being in the village for the 1891 census, I would suggest looking for the parish registers for Newton St Loe to see if he is buried there.

If you obtained a copy of his will, that might also tell what his wishes were.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

Am helping a gentleman who asked about this Wylde-Browne line.  I had joined ancestry.com and use family search.  Have been looking at findmypast.com but am already paying for genealogybank.com and ancestry.com world and wondered if findmypast would help much.

I did a search on findmypast for wylde-browne...nothing comes up.  I then did a search with browne alone as well as wylde.

The family was pretty prominent so I am debating about joining a UK Newspaper Subscription since I did see an obit for his sister Mary Anne Wylde-Browne Bickersteth D 1904 who was married to Edward Bickerteth D 1892.

They had three sisters that never married who died at Cheltenham Glouc

Henrietta Wylde-Browne 1828-1900
Agnes Wylde-Browne 1827-1894
Katherine Wylde-Browne 1826-1905

With this name I found many of the baptisms listed under Browne alone.

Living in the US I am constantly using google maps to figure out the areas everyone was living in.

I am thrilled to pieces to get the help.  Though these are 3rd cousins to me, this gentleman wanted more info.  After spending a bit of time searching, I thought I would turn to you.

Thanks again!

Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns