Author Topic: LEE FAMILY  (Read 4371 times)

Offline kopperknob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
LEE FAMILY
« on: Monday 19 January 09 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am doing my family Tree and i am looking for information om the Lee family from Eversley HAMPSHIRE
I have got to Damon Lee b 1769  Hamps he married Francis Lee b 1775 Kent
Has anyone got information on any of the famlies
Regards JANE
Notts : Parnill / Parnell / Stendall / Scott / Redfern / Hyson / Dove / Farnsworth / Freeman
Lincs : Wallhead / Norton
Derbys: Wallhead / Chettle / Hubbuck / Newbold
Berks : Lovejoy / Lee
Shrops : Carless / Tolley / Wood
Staffs : Glover / Wood
Yorks : Booth

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: LEE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

Did you know that Damon and Frances and their family appear in a book published by the Romany and Traveller FHS in 2007 called 'The Family Trees of Damon and Thomas Lee'? (Details of the book at this site: www.rtfhs.org.uk)

Also, do you have a copy of the Settlement Examination of Damon and Frances (where his surname is given as Draper- his mother's name perhaps?) recording when they were arrested for vagrancy in Hampshire in 1796? If not, I can send you a transcription.

Best wishes

Sharon
Smith - East Anglia & Lancashire
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Royal Epping Forest Gypsies": ball-giving group
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

Offline kopperknob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 12:30 GMT (UK) »
HI Sharon
No i havent seen the settlement
I did buy the book though because i was trying to trace my g grandma Eliza Ann Lee
She was b in 1851 in Barkham or Eversley Hampshire depending on Census
On her wedding certificate it says her father was William but on buying the book it appears his name was Henry
Son of Charles b 1797 Middlesex in think but then again i could be wrong lol
I have been trying to sort the Lee side of the family for ages and hitting brick walls
Dont even know if i got the right one lol
Regards Jane
Notts : Parnill / Parnell / Stendall / Scott / Redfern / Hyson / Dove / Farnsworth / Freeman
Lincs : Wallhead / Norton
Derbys: Wallhead / Chettle / Hubbuck / Newbold
Berks : Lovejoy / Lee
Shrops : Carless / Tolley / Wood
Staffs : Glover / Wood
Yorks : Booth

Offline Lookingforclues

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon, hi Jane, I've just stumbled across this thread and really hope to get in contact with you RE. Damon and Frances Lee. After a few years of trying to solve this one I've yet again hit a brick wall. It was my understanding that Damon and Frances were the parents of in no particular order Charles, Belcher, Humphry, Mace and Zachariah. I have no baptism details for Zac and take his relationship to Belcher from a newspaper article saying that he was Belcher's brother, but it could have meant brother-in-law as I understand Belcher to have 'married' Lydia Lee daughter of David and Sophia, whom had a son Zachariah.

It would be great to hear from you (not really sure how this site / forum works - maybe drop me an email)