Author Topic: The family of Alexander Grant and Janet Jamieson  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Canterburynorth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
The family of Alexander Grant and Janet Jamieson
« on: Sunday 20 September 09 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I am looking for any information on the family of my G G Grandmother Mary Jessie Grant or Kidd.

Her Parents were Alexander GRANT and Janet JAMIESON or GRANT.

Mary  Jessie was born around 1862 she married William Russell Kidd in 1882, they were married at Auchintae Croft,  I think perhaps this could be the home of her parents.

I am hoping to find out if Mary Jessie had brothers and sisters.

Mary Jessie lived in Keith after her marrige, but I dont know where she was from,  most likely in the same area?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Leandra :)
FORD family,     Devon England, Amberley  New Zealand

KIDD family,      Keith Bannfshire, Scotland

DOODY family   County Clare, Ireland- Canterbury  NZ.

ALEXANDER GRANT & JANET JAMIESON,  BANFF SCOTLAND

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: The family of Alexander Grant and Janet Jamieson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 September 09 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you follow these instructions you will find a number of siblings

PARENT SEARCH ON IGI

www.familysearch.org - On home page - click on  “Advanced Search” to the right of the SEARCH button

Select “International Genealogical Index” from the left hand menu

Input fathers name and surname and mothers christian name and maiden name

REGION – select British Isles from the menu

COUNTRY – select Scotland

COUNTY (will appear when you select COUNTRY)  – select Banff

Click SEARCH
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Canterburynorth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 September 09 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi CaroleW,

Thank you, I appreciate your help, you are very kind :)

Kind regards

Leandra

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,please check this link.It gives details of Mary Jessie & includes a small family tree,showing her ancestors. I'm sure it'll be of help to you!
flst 

http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/subjects/subject_people_report_view.asp?REF_ID=NM195058
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Canterburynorth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hello flst,

Thank you very much for providing me that link, indeed it was a big help :)

I also noticed you have the name Pyper in you interests.  I also have come across that name in New Zealand with another family I am looking at,  do your Pypers have a NZ connection?

Kind regards

Leandra

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 20:14 BST (UK) »
Glad I could help! I've very little information on the Pypers.  My gt.gt.gt.gt.grandmother was Christian Pyper.  She married John Scott on 20/12/1794.  They had 2 children John,& Elizabeth. Christian died 5/1/1804 aged 36 & is buried in Peathill Kirkyard (Old Pitsligo),Aberdeenshire.  She is the only Pyper there that I know of.  Do you think your Pypers are from Aberdeenshire? There are a few other families with that surname here.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Canterburynorth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I hav'nt got far with my Pypers as yet,  I have been doing my Ford family and my lady Sarah Ann  died in 1915  miles from her family and is buried in a plot with this Pyper family.  This is in the bottom of the South Island of NZ which was settled mainly by Scots. If I get to the bottom of the mystery and find where my Pypers come from I will let you know. ;)
Regards
Leandra

Offline AJScott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Glad I could help! I've very little information on the Pypers.  My gt.gt.gt.gt.grandmother was Christian Pyper.  She married John Scott on 20/12/1794.  They had 2 children John,& Elizabeth. Christian died 5/1/1804 aged 36 & is buried in Peathill Kirkyard (Old Pitsligo),Aberdeenshire.  She is the only Pyper there that I know of.  Do you think your Pypers are from Aberdeenshire? There are a few other families with that surname here.
flst

Hi, I am new to this site so still trying to figure how work it. Please could you message me? Christian Pyper is my great (x5) grandmother, no medals for guessing who is my great (x5) grandfather is. I'm hoping we can work together on our Scott family research.
Scott

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 13:57 GMT (UK) »

Hi, welcome to rootschat. Once you've made 3 posts you will be able to send & receive pm's. I'm interested to hear about our connection, and looking forward to sharing information.
Click on the link below to find out more.
flst

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php