Author Topic: Bakewell death certificate  (Read 1387 times)

Offline weemay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bakewell death certificate
« on: Monday 21 July 14 15:08 BST (UK) »
My grandfather Tom Jackson born 4th March 1882 in Newcastle under lyme and died between 1916 and 1920 but I have no idea where in England! He was married to Doris Elizabeth Jackson and they lived in Newton Heath, Manchester. I believe he worked away though as he was a bricklayer and gas plant fitter. I heard he died of the flu epidemic at this time but have no confirmation. I have only found one entry which may be him  for Bakewell, Derbyshire 1917 but have been unable to see an image of the death certificate to confirm this, can you please help.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bakewell death certificate
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 July 14 15:11 BST (UK) »
You can order a copy of the death certificate from www.gro.gov.uk. There are a great many Thomas Jackson deaths in the period you mention. What additional information makes you think that the Bakewell one may be yours?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline weemay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 July 14 15:20 BST (UK) »
It is the only entry for a Tom Jackson in 1917 ref: 7b 793 and his name was Tom not Thomas, I do not want to pay for a death certificate in case it is wrong. I just wondered if you were able to access the information but thanks for your help

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 July 14 15:27 BST (UK) »
OK. That does look to be the only Tom of about the right age. One of the transcriptions gives place of death as Tideswell in addition to the registration district of Bakewell, so it may be worth trying to find out what is in the burial register there to see if that gives you any clues.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline redshank

• RootsChat Senior
  • Society Street in Hunslet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I think the death in Tideswell is almost certainly a different Tom Jackson. In the censuses up to and including 1911 there is a Tom Jackson born and living in Stony Middleton, Bakewell who is a Boot and Shoe Clicker, as well as your grandfather who was born in Newcastle under Lyme and who is living there in 1901. My guess is that it's the Stony Middleton one who died in 1917 in Tideswell.

Sorry,
John
Kirkland in Derbyshire and Leeds; Francis, Elson, Coxon, Tempest, Wheeldon and Barker in Derbyshire; Cawood/Coward, Richmond, Brier/Brear, (H)Akins, Winterbottom, Nicholson, Mellor, Noble, Atkinson, Moor(e), Sloan(e), Tyson, Amos and Cooper  in Yorkshire; Goddard/Godarth in Devon, 17th Regiment and Yorkshire; Hodgkinson and Shrimpton in Bucks; Clewley in Oxfordshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weemay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 10:38 BST (UK) »
ok thanks for that, will just need to keep on searching

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 11:06 BST (UK) »
I have only found one entry which may be him  for Bakewell, Derbyshire 1917 but have been unable to see an image of the death certificate to confirm this, can you please help.

Death certificates are not available to view; sometimes they are attached to online family trees.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk