Author Topic: Wolverhampton mystery ... who was George Haycock's mother?!  (Read 14543 times)

Offline Jools Sarcevic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wolverhampton mystery ... who was George Haycock's mother?!
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladyhawk   :)

Is this one of the sites you have looked at ?

http://www.wolverhamptonhistory.org.uk/resources/indexes

Indeed it is.

didn’t come across a baptisms for George Haycock/Whitehouse/Whitehead  b1863  ??? or Thomas (John)  b1843

I didn't find anything for George either, but I found John via FreeReg, baptism 05 March 1843 under the name of Dixon as well as 2 other siblings - besides the ones that you mentioned and I found as well - named Edwin (Dixon) on 30 May 1851 and Mary (Dixon) on 14 June 1847. Edwin and Mary died, as did Alfred and Samuel Solomon. The last child of this union was stillborn in 1860 and presumably caused the death of Susan Dixon as well in February 1860.

From the info.  John & Susan baptized their children at St Mary's Wolverhampton and they married there too - you probably have all the details below but you never know......

Thank you for the effort but yes, I already had this information  ;)

Joseph HAYCOCK s of John & Susan  26 Dec 1858 Falkland Street Blacksmith
(FreeBMD has a birth entry Dec 1855 Wolverhampton Joseph Haycock  perhaps he was baptized at a later date)  ???

I agree with the later baptism as indeed his age when marrying was 21. Unless they lied, of course  ;)

If your George’s birth was registered is it possible his pob is not Wolverhampton and he was born elsewhere in Staffordshire or maybe some else  ???

That would of course be a valid hypothesis, if it wasn't for the fact that he states in every official paper that his pob is Wolverhampton  :-\  And then I would have to start searching for father John traveling out of the city to ... where?!

I have tried a long shot and sent an email to a distant relative, begging for more information. Not sure if they'll respond but I do hope for some positive reaction. Who knows ...
Hi just been having a look to see if I could find more info on my Great Grandfather George Haycock, and I came across your posts. My Great Grandad was born in Wolverhampton 1895 and died in Manchester 1956. I have gone back as far as 1770 to Joseph Haycock from Hinckley Lecic, he was married to Elizabeth Hubbard. Does any of my info help you?

TD
I have relatives called John Haycock.. 1812, 1841, 1867 and 1922