Author Topic: Johnson family - Walsall  (Read 4445 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Johnson family - Walsall
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 September 14 20:25 BST (UK) »
So are you thinking that William Porter has been playing away with the servant girl??

Oh yes ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dotshep

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 September 14 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole,
I had a heart attack yesterday, I came on to reply to you and all of my messages had disappeared, I mailed Rootsweb RootsChat and thankfully they are back. I was worried as I hadn't written down all of the info you had given me.
So I don't know where they had gone???
Tonight I will get on with some more research with the info you have given me re Jennie  :)
Johnson/Harding

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 September 14 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Glad everything was found.  May be as well to print this thread as it will also make it easier to read seeing as we are now on page 3!!

Emma should be on the 1881 census.  As Jennie's birth was registered as Shipley it's unlikely that William Porters name will be on her birth certificate as her father.  However - it will be interesting to see whether Jennie named him as her father on her 1913 marriage cert
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dotshep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 05 October 14 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole, I'm back again. Well I finally received the marriage cert for George Johnson and Jennie Shipley. They were married 28/04/1913 and Georges Father was named as Daniel Johnson (Deceased - possibly died 1907), but low and behold there's no father named for Jennie, which is fine as it's the Johnson side I need to trace and we already know who her father was thanks to you. George was 25 at the time of the marriage so I have worked out he was born in 1865. From this I have trace a marriage on 17/11/1889 to Hannah Dilks in Walsall and I think I have traced his father back to James Johnson but I am at a loss again as there are several James Johnsons. Can you give me any help? Thanks in advance  :)
Johnson/Harding

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 05 October 14 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

George was 25 at the time of the marriage so I have worked out he was born in 1865

I think you mean George was born 1888 if he was 25 when he married in 1913 

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 05 October 14 17:38 BST (UK) »
If you are working from the 1901 entry - he is shown as George R Johnson aged 12.

The Johnson/Dilks marriage was 1889 but George was born as Dilkes in 1888

Births June qtr 1888 
George Robert Dilkes     Walsall  6b 74?

Offline dotshep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 05 October 14 18:41 BST (UK) »
I did mean George was born in 1888 oops. His father Daniel was the one I think is born in 1865 and married Hannah Dilks in 1889???
Daniels father was possibly James Johnson but unsure, they seemed to stay in Walsall.

Johnson/Harding

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 05 October 14 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

George wasn't a Johnson - see my reply above.  He was the illegitimate son of Hannah.  As there is probably no biological connection to Daniel - do you still need to research the Johnson line?  Should it now be the Dilkes line?

Offline dotshep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 06 October 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
I didn't realise he was born illegitimately!! Well the Wilks line is probably the way to go, I'll have a look tonight as I don't have time at the minute and I'll have a proper look at Georges birth records. Thanks Carole, speak soon  :)
Johnson/Harding