Author Topic: CUNNINGHAM - Victoria, Australia  (Read 4838 times)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: CUNNINGHAM - Victoria, Australia
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 18:45 BST (UK) »
Dear Judith, Nettie and Ted,

Thank you all so much for your invaluable help.
I placed an ad and I also wrote a letter to the Keilor address from the phonebook. It turned out that they're not my Cunninghams, but they knew of my Cunninghams and so very kindly passed my letter onto them! So, my clan received the letter and also saw the ad, and they made contact with me over the Christmas period. It's fantastic to be in touch with them. They were delighted to hear from another Cunningham and all about their father/grandfather's Irish roots!

Thanks again,
Glen  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 April 14 01:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for letting us know - it's interesting to find out which clues helped the most.  Cheers, Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 April 14 10:41 BST (UK) »
I read the ad. So glad it worked.

Gadsby's, Farmers, Neals - Leicestershire
Freemans, Littles, Corbetts, Branns - Australia

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks again all!  :)

I should mark this completed now.

Very best regards,
Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith