Author Topic: Brunning in Yarmouth  (Read 6446 times)

Offline janetcarolinemartin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brunning in Yarmouth
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 February 14 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Thought you might like to know the BRUNNING siblings you asked about (quite a while back) were my mother's relatives.  Charles Abraham and Catherine Anne Martin were her grandparents.  My mother's mother was Gertrude BRUNNING one of seven siblings, Ernest, George, Harold, ?, Gertrude, Eleanor (Nellie) and Hettie born to Charles and Catherine.   The family were seed merchants and nurserymen.  George ran the seeds shop, while the other brothers worked in the nursery, which was located behind the shop, in Newark, Notts, where my mother grew up.  My mother, Winifred Allport! now 88 years remembers her aunts and uncles.  Gertrude married Joseph Allport, son of a coachman - Robert - from Islington. Mum now lives in Twekesbury, Gloucester, having married an Irishman and raised a family (including me) in Belfast.  She returned to England after dad died. There are still Brunnings in Newark, and their shop is a listed building.  Janet Martin.

Offline Barry Gillard

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brunning in Yarmouth
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 December 14 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, were you the person trying to trace a Miss H Brunning in Newark on Trent ? I have a postcard of Newark Castle, sent from Newark on the 26 March 1904. It is handwritten on front under view of castle, (undivided back type card). Signed at end of short message, H Brunning.
I hope this is of interest to you. Barry Gillard.