Author Topic: One of my reall toughies - Catherine Williams/Roberts/AN Other or Evans 1860 - ?  (Read 6294 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: One of my reall toughies - Catherine Williams/Roberts/AN Other or Evans 1860 - ?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 22:37 GMT (UK) »
I take it you haven't found a definite marriage for Catherine?Its not straightforward if she went to Patagonia looking for a Catherine or maybe Kate.A lot of the passengers are merely initialled.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: One of my reall toughies - Catherine Williams/Roberts/AN Other or Evans 1860 - ?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 22:41 GMT (UK) »
I take it you haven't found a definite marriage for Catherine?Its not straightforward if she went to Patagonia looking for a Catherine or maybe Kate.A lot of the passengers are merely initialled.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

That's why I've put up this query, WR.

If she married before hand, there are too many. If she went to the States then there are too many. I think Henry would have maybe said Patagonia if she'd gone there though  :-\

Just hope that someone might come along who knows about her - maybe the Hacketts do  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Assuming you've checked the marriages at Ruabon and Llangollen,there are about twelve "Civil Marriages" for a Catherine Roberts in the Corwen and Wrexham area 1881-1891.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Over the last 10 years I've looked at every marriage in North Wales, Cheshire, Shropshire and wider  and searched passenger lists and the US and Canadian censuses - using all her possible names.

I think that maybe the only way to find out about her is if a family member sees this thread and recognises her.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes it might be the best prospect of gaining further info.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 23:46 GMT (UK) »
There is a Catherine in the 1891 census born 1863 in Llantysilio working in Llangollen RG12/4637.
She is with an Elizabeth also from Llantysilio.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter

Thank you for that but she's also with the same family in 1881 when my Catherine is in Chirk. Also, her place of birth has been consistently Llangollen.

I've been trying to find obituaries for the Hacketts - hoping that they might give a clue but haven't found anything as yet.  Henry's obituary doesn't mention her.

Thank you both. 

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 March 14 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Not sure about this but there's a Catherine Evans, b. c. 1861, Llangollen in Leek, on the 1891 - married to an Edward Evans (born Shrewsbury). The only marriage showing for this possible couple (on same page) is Sept q, 1889, Atcham, 6a 1118.

Maybe worth buying a cert if they match.

Haven't checked if they're still around in 1901 - a bit late and sore eyes.

Gadget

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 13 March 14 00:48 GMT (UK) »
They are still in Leek in 1901 and 1911.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire