Author Topic: Kate Mary Sargent  (Read 11296 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Mary Sargent
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 July 13 08:56 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline erinsullivan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 July 13 10:12 BST (UK) »
The 3 daughters that I mentioned who are on the 1901 census are different to the ones that you have provided and I had found also. These are 3 additional  daughters , I think. They are 10 years older than the original set (Anne died 7 months, Cornelius 7 months, Ellen 1 month).
Older siblings James Matthew, Kate Mary and Mary (whose birth records I don't have ) came to Australia. Admiittedly I cannot find any deaths for Margaret(1869)  and Bridget(1865) BUT could they both be so wrong with ages? Oddly enough they are both different to the Margaret and Bridget  census by about the same 9 ish years!!!
Helena , I cannot find any Civil or familysearch record for. do you know if all records are digitised?

I am wondering what I could do next to try and clarify. Picking your brain!
Cowell, Hoener, Frazier, Christopher, Dyer, Cheshire

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 July 13 12:43 BST (UK) »
'Helena' will possibly be loisted as the more common form of Ellen. If the earlier births (from 1864 onwards) were registered then it's unlikely that the later ones would not have been registered.

In 1901 there is
Bridget age 25 (c1876) the one I found is 11 years older
Margaret age 23 (c1878) the one I found is 9 years older
Helena age 21 (c1880) the Ellen I found is 10 years older (but you say she died as an infant- are you sure that Ellen is the child of Michael and Anne? death certificates don't list parents usually although one of them may have registered the event)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline erinsullivan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 July 13 14:19 BST (UK) »
I cannot be 100% sure of Ellen. I base it on the fact that there is an Ellen born ( Name Ellen Sargint Birth date: 08 Oct 1870 Birthplace: Cappoquin, Waterford (Sub District) Ref. : 817 Parent : Michael Sargint & Anne Tracy (Familysearch records) )

The death for Ellen in Waterford death registers :
Date of Death:    16 Oct 1870
Place of Death:    Mill St
Name: Sargint, Ellen, Sex: F, Age at Death:    1 Week, Rank: Carpenters Child, Condition: Child
Cause of Death: Convulsions
Informant: Tracy, Mary
Qualification:  Present at Death, Residence: Castle St

So the Ellen born with named parents Michael and Anne fits the name/age( 1 week) of the Ellen death in 1870. 

I averaged out the age variance for the girls in the 1901 census but yes you are right.
It seems a very big age difference , even for census records? I fully expected to find registrations But I can't find any civil records for the 1901 girls.

I cannot work this scenario at all. Even by the rest of my Irish family , this one is puzzling.
Cowell, Hoener, Frazier, Christopher, Dyer, Cheshire