Author Topic: Lisnaskea R.C. Churches 1870  (Read 1627 times)

Offline kate57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lisnaskea R.C. Churches 1870
« on: Saturday 17 May 14 02:49 BST (UK) »
I have found my Gt grandparents marriage in the IRELAND, Civil Registration index from the Family Search webpage. Their nearest Centre is too far away to travel to. I have tried Emerald Ancestors, Roots Ireland and they have no trace of the marriage online. I tried to order the certificate from PRONI but I need the name of the Church they were married in, I haven't a clue.
The information I have is Daniel Loughan married Margaret Maguire.  Registration district Lisnaskea registration Year 1870.
I know that a number of their children were born in the RC parish of Knockninny.
How many R.C. churches are in the Lisnaskea registration district or where could I find this out.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Deery from Eglinton and Claudy. Co. Derry
Doherty from Eglinton and Benduff near Carndonagh,Donegal
Logan/Maguire from Rathfure Co Fermanagh and Co Cavan
Logan-/Greer Clydebank and Glasgow. New York/New Jersey
Connolly-from Carrick County Tyrone to Glasgow and USA (New York and California)

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lisnaskea R.C. Churches 1870
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 May 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
You should be able to view the marriage certificate on-line on the GRONI website for £2. The church’s name will be on it (unless it was a Registry office marriage). You need to register, buy a few credits, then use the “search registrations” option:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

Incidentally, Lisnaskea and Knockninny are both in Co Fermanagh (you have this on the Tyrone board).
Elwyn

Offline kate57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lisnaskea R.C. Churches 1870
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 May 14 10:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information and I'll follow it up. I hadn't realised I posted on the wrong County. My family kept moving between the two! Cheers.

I have since followed your lead Elwyn and have found Gt Grandparents on my fathers side and lots more. It has become a goldmine of information. Thanks once again.
Deery from Eglinton and Claudy. Co. Derry
Doherty from Eglinton and Benduff near Carndonagh,Donegal
Logan/Maguire from Rathfure Co Fermanagh and Co Cavan
Logan-/Greer Clydebank and Glasgow. New York/New Jersey
Connolly-from Carrick County Tyrone to Glasgow and USA (New York and California)