Author Topic: Woods Row Carmarthen 1910  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Manick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woods Row Carmarthen 1910
« on: Monday 15 February 10 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I have been given conflicting info regarding an ancestors birth. Her certificate gives 21 Woods Row, her relatives say her parents  were staying with her Uncle Jack Fawcett, and a source has said they were lodging with the Baskervilles.
Does anyone know if this was a lodging house in 1910?
Manick

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Woods Row Carmarthen 1910
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 February 10 12:37 GMT (UK) »
hi,,what is your ancestors name and year of birth?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Manick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 February 10 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi
She was Margaret McColville, born December 24th 1910. Parents Joseph & Margaret McColvile.
Manick

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 February 10 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Manick

We can't do a 1911 look-up for you (I know you didn't ask!) but you can search for the address yourself.  It's pay per view.  The census should give you an indication of whether the property is a lodging house or not and who is resident in 1911.

Have you any other info about the family to suggest a link between the two names?  Who registered the birth?

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Manick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 February 10 18:24 GMT (UK) »
I have the census for 1911, which is where the Baskerville name came from. I wonder whether anyone with local knowledge, or who could access an old Post Office directory or the like which might have lists of lodgings etc.
Manick