Author Topic: fisher of comber  (Read 7507 times)

Offline americangirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: fisher of comber
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 November 09 13:35 GMT (UK) »
I have the correct information on Robert James Fisher, but I am at a complete lost with info regarding Robert's father Thomas.  I know Thomas was married to a Mary Beattie, but beyond that I'm stuck any additional information would be appreciated, before I pull out all of my hair.

fisher's of comber

Offline Lesley Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: fisher of comber
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 March 14 11:25 GMT (UK) »
I am in search of Fisher families in Co. Down in Northern Ireland. Our family tree seems to go back to three Fisher families (I hope otherwise my grandparents are distant relations!!). Here is what I have

1. James Fisher who married Mary Ann Fisher 11/6/1881 in Newtownards Civil Regisrty. James' father was Benjamin Fisher who married Martha McConnell 7/5/1867 and was born 1820. His father was a Thomas Fisher, this is where my hunt ends!

2. Mary Ann Fisher's (above) father was George Fisher who married Sarah Cairns 28/12/1865 at St Marks Church of Ireland. Her grandfather was William Fisher , again I loose track.

3. John Fisher father of Sarah Fisher who married Hugh McClune 3/3/1883 in Saintfield 1st Presbyterian Church.

I think most of the Fishers are from the Newtownards area of Co. Down but not 100% sure. Any additional info that you have would be very helpful.