Author Topic: Vicars in Wicklow  (Read 3200 times)

Offline sunic

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Vicars in Wicklow
« on: Tuesday 21 October 14 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,  Could anyone help me please.
 I am trying to establish WHERE in Wicklow my great grandfather was baptised.  His name was Joseph Michael Thomson and he was baptised a Roman Catholic in the Parish of Wicklow on 16 Sept 1864.  His sponsors were Christopher Lawless and Julia Foley. I got this information from a microfiche of the Baptism Register in Dublin in 2008, but being new to Family History then I foolishly didn't write down the name of the church.  However I believe the page is headed "Baptisms carried out(?) by M Sullivan Vicar.  I wondered if anyone might know which church he was vicar of at this time. 
Thank you.
Sunic
Weston, Winnicott, Randall, Grout, Farndell, Thompson, Crunden, Crees, Abraham, Lawless

Wicklow, Portsmouth, Devon

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vicars in Wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi.

According to the website Rootsireland the Baptism took place in the Catholic ( St Patrick's ) Church in Wicklow Town. Mother was a Jane Lawless.

John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline sunic

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Vicars in Wicklow
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 October 14 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you John.

Sunic
Weston, Winnicott, Randall, Grout, Farndell, Thompson, Crunden, Crees, Abraham, Lawless

Wicklow, Portsmouth, Devon