Author Topic: Edmund Snell b1796 cornwall  (Read 8660 times)

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Snell b1796 cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 August 14 09:22 BST (UK) »
wow thank you everyone a boat load of info there thank you  ;D
i do have another question if no one minds i have Edmund Snells b1796 his daughter Mary b1830 i have her marrying John Opie who is on the 1841 census with the family it looks like john married previously as he has 2 children with another Mary? the children are
Mary Jane Opie  b 1887
Walter Opie b 1849

there is 2 Mary Snells born around the same time i have a feeling i am muddled up i have a marriage for a Mary Snell and John Opie 1858 Liskeard Cornwall

and on the 1861 census there is a Grace Snell with them aged 71 this must be this Marys mother hmm
Hope this is understandable to you and also did they change the places of residence/birth /deaths etc from Menheniott just to Liskeard
As you can see i had Edmund Snell and Anne Hawkins as Marys mother last night someone pointed all this out to me and then mentioned Grace so its a right old muddle  :-[

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 August 14 09:36 BST (UK) »
you need to be careful. snell is a very common name in Cornwall . Not sure if you are aware of this site but it might be very useful to you. it is where most of the info given to you earlier came from.

http://v1.cornwall-opc-database.org/searchdb.php?yr=18&pr=&gfn=&gsn=&bfn=mary&bsn=snell&wit=&records=50&s=0&np=2&orderby=year&dbname=marriages&Soundex=&Nearby=&formval=

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 August 14 09:37 BST (UK) »
this is the mary with mother grace

Mary SNELL daughter of James (labourer) & Grace Snell of Merry Meet bapt 26 Jun 1828 Menheniot

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 August 14 09:47 BST (UK) »
thank you for the link i think i need to look at the marriage cert of mary snell and john opie to see for sure who the parents were there does seem to be a lot of them about as you stated,the ones im researching are the family that are on the 1971 census for cramlington northumberland i actuall y thought i had i easy surname till i started looking how wrong was i  ;D

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 August 14 10:00 BST (UK) »
even in cramilington there are a few snell families around. ;D  . i can see some with different birth tiem scales to those you would seem to be looking at in cornwall . if you put up the details of your family I will have a look this evening. off out for the day now.

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 August 14 10:07 BST (UK) »
your a star thank you enjoy your day  ;D

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 August 14 19:06 BST (UK) »
im going have to take a rain check on the info as i have accidently deleted the information whe i get it back i will give you a shout if you dont mind .. this day should of been a monday  :-X

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 August 14 19:18 BST (UK) »
no probs. just give me the info and some reference to a family member you are sure of etc and I will see what I can find working backwards

Offline wilrob

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 07 August 14 20:48 BST (UK) »
John Opie b1820 Liskeard Cornwall married Mary Snell b1828 Cornwall they were in Cornwall till the 1871 census when they moved to cramlington.. i take it this is her on the 1941 census i posted on here earlier
i would like to find out for definate who JOHN and Marys parents were on the 1961 census there is a Grace Snell with them i take that to be Marys mother
There was 2 children born before there marriage in 1858 in Linskeard so i am assuming John had a previous marriage there names were Mary Jane Opie  b1847,,,Walter Opie b1849

I d apologise for people helping to look for the wrong people i dont know if they are wrong yet but if they were big sorry  ::) 
Mary Snell is with her aunt on the 1851 census in Liskeard