Author Topic: william ward, bushey.  (Read 11227 times)

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: william ward, bushey.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 31 May 14 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray

Thanks for your input, yes that is the correct marriage. The actual info is on his service record & his wife is Elizabeth Landon, as Jackie says, he was in the London Regiment 18th Bttn, service number 10226. There is a daughter Bridget born in 1899 but I'm blowed if I can find the family in 1901, all were born Marylebone according to the next census. Not having much luck finding William in the 1891 either, if you have time another pair of eyes would be appreciated. :D

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 June 14 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

As I said earlier I still can't find William with family in the 1901 so I thought I would take a look at the witness to their marriage who was Bridget Dorr. Turns out Bridget (married George Dorr Marylebone 1890) was also a Ward & the daughter of John Ward & Bridget (Danahar), 1881 census RG11/161/74 page 63, the family consists of John aged 28, Bridget aged 29, children, Amelia aged 13, John aged 11, Mary A aged 9, Bridget aged 7, James aged 5 & Susan aged 3, all living & born Marylebone. By the 1891 census they also have a William & a Margaret.

I also found on the 1881 a James Ward with wife Margaret (Robertson) RG11/142/8 page 9 with children, James aged 16, Eliza aged 14, John aged 11, Alexander aged 9 & a WILLIAM aged 6 all born & living in Marylebone.

What do you think, is there a connection here & was Bridget Dorr perhaps a cousin to your William.

Did you find the death for Elizabeth by any chance cos I can't see it. :-\

Hope this is helping. :)

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 02 June 14 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddie,

Thank you for your help, that was a good idea looking at the witnesses, it also fits into place with them calling their first daughter Bridget. I have been trying to find a link with John Ward senior and James Ward(probably William Ward 1876,father). At the moment they are both from Marylebone and were General Dealers. I also still cant find William and Elizabeth in the 1901 census or a death for Elizabeth. I have done some more delving and i think i have made a connection but i need to write it all down and make sure i have got it correct. I think i have got Ward exhaustion, boggled eyed and brainless.!!

Regards,

Jackie

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 02 June 14 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie

I am pleased to see you could understand where I was coming from. ;D Looking likely, isn't it. I must admit I got a bit boggled eyed. ;) Let me know where you find the connection & I'll also check it out.

Goodness only knows where they were in 1901 & to top it we have an address for them from the births & still can't find them. I was wondering if perhaps William was in the Militia in 1891 although on his papers it does state he attested with the KRRC in 1904, bit strange that, wonder why he joined up then.

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire