Author Topic: Madeley Parish Records  (Read 26259 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Madeley Parish Records
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 July 10 18:21 BST (UK) »
The only Christening I can find is Arthur, 09 May 1894, Madeley, Shropshire.

I looked at FreeBMD and there are several Births and Deaths of Harris children under 2 that could be born and died between 1886 and 1891 census and 1901 and 1911 census.

Family Trees do not seem to have the 1891 Census.
Do you?
They are in Stoke upon Trent, Staffordshire.
RG12/2177/89/33

Trish :)

EDIT, Was just about to post when other replies came in .
Was  yours a Coal Miner or Butcher?

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline sharmar

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad Woodvine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 July 10 18:27 BST (UK) »
James Harris in Madeley the coal miner is the father of all these kids, Sydney being my paternal grandfather.  James Harris the butcher in Ironbridge (amongst other occupations such as grocer) is my paternal grandmothers grandfather. phew! it does get to me sometimes!
Harris(Madeley), Harris(Ironbridge) Woodvine (Dawley & anywhere else), Britton (Broseley), Hoof (Wombridge, Dawley, Shifnal), Perry (Dawley & Wellington, Deakin (Wellington), Humphries (Wombridge & Dawley), Underwood (Hinkshay) Davies (Grinshall area), Buckley (Madeley) Hamphlett (various spellings Madeley).

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 July 10 18:31 BST (UK) »
I can see why ;D
Suggest you just work through FreeBMD eliminating possible children that could have been born between others and died between Censuses.

Sorry not much help!

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline sharmar

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad Woodvine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 July 10 18:42 BST (UK) »
Tried that! Its costing me a small fortune sending for birth certificates only to find they are children of james' brothers or cousins!  It is Rupert I'm interested in though as my fathers says his mother talked about him a few times and there is a story linked to him as an adult so I know he didn't die in childhood.  I am assuming he was born before 1911 as he is not on that census and there are no children registered with mothers maiden name as Buckley that I can't account for.

I have been searching for this chap a fair few years now with no luck, I'm getting fustrated now!!!
Harris(Madeley), Harris(Ironbridge) Woodvine (Dawley & anywhere else), Britton (Broseley), Hoof (Wombridge, Dawley, Shifnal), Perry (Dawley & Wellington, Deakin (Wellington), Humphries (Wombridge & Dawley), Underwood (Hinkshay) Davies (Grinshall area), Buckley (Madeley) Hamphlett (various spellings Madeley).

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 July 10 11:18 BST (UK) »
When you send for a cert instead of paying £7 (or whatever it is now) you can pay £10 (or whatever) for them to search by the criteria you give - in your case say mother's name is Margaret. I did that when I had a possible 20 John Taylors - they said they would search 10 entries so I paid £10 and got luckly with one of the first ten.
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 July 10 14:26 BST (UK) »
How frustrating for you Sharmar.
Bristols idea is an excellent one re Certs.

Offline clevertrevor

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 25 February 11 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know where I could purchase a copy of the parish records for Madeley/Madeley Wood, Shropshire?  I can't seem to find these records on any of the current CD/fisches available.

Thanks for your help

Hi, just happened along your message which I find interesting? My mother was born out of wedlock in 1921 in Iron-bridge but nothing is known of her father except that they attached the name Harris to her christian name which was a common occurence when the parents were expected to marry. Unfotunately they never did and my grandmother went on to marry someone else years later. I always assumed that my mothers father died after she was conceived, could this be the missing link, was he air brushed out because of this incident?

Offline sharmar

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad Woodvine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 February 11 19:34 GMT (UK) »
clevertrevor, e-mail me your info and I will see if we have any matches or if there is any stories in my family that matches what you know.

Offline andrew davies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 August 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
Did either your Hoof or Underwood's marry into the Pritchard family of the Ketley s/ Wellington area?