Author Topic: Old Church Records in Curry, Sligo Co. from late 1790's  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Maggie64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Old Church Records in Curry, Sligo Co. from late 1790's
« on: Tuesday 25 June 13 15:22 BST (UK) »
Good morning everyone on Rootschats.

I need to know if there is any old church records in Curry, Sligo county from 1790's ?  but I know it would be very impossible because church records from that area would be from 1870's but I just found out that my ancestor Edward Brennan who was Irish soldier with 88th Connaught Rangers from 1813 to 1822, finally just last week the army papers images finally showed up on Ancestry website that one of the records that said that his birthplace was written as Curry as my original army discharge papers this form was written that his birthplace was parrish of Currea but thanked to Ancestry website that they provided new images of army records finally I know where was his birthplace now.   Is there any chance to find the records in Curry ?  he was born in about 1795 and he joined British army in 1813 and bad news that he was married to Scottish lassie,  he died in Montrose Scotland just outside of Dundee in 1851 that is shame because of Scottish death entries did not processed until 1855.  I have not break my brickwall on my Brennan ancestors from Sligo but I am glad that I know that he was born in Curry, Sligo from his army papers.  but no idea who was his family in Sligo.  I am coming to visit Ireland next year for first time as it is my dream to visit those Emerald Isles finally coming true.   If you are related to those Brennans from Sligo area.  Please contact me.  Thank you. 

Maggie from Canada :)