Author Topic: McIntyre: Arran/Holy Isle  (Read 59433 times)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: McIntyre: Arran/Holy Isle
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry everyone, being back in school after a number of years takes up time. Ok, Jenny Jack was my gr aunt as she was my grandfather John McIntyres sister. As far as I know, her son Jim Jack has returned to Arran and lives near Brodick I think. If anyone is researching the Cummings family, quite a few moved to Canada. I will have to ask my dad exactly where as many settled in the same town.He was in Canada a few years back visiting and stopped in and saw dad with some of the Cummings clan. He lived in Licolnshire for many years and said that there were quite a few MacIntyre's there. John, I saw the Jack link on your site and sent a message along, but no contact as yet.
Someone mentioned the lighthouse. Dad has a telescope that apparently got its start there and then ended up in whiting bay where it was used to watch the girls on the beach or so the story goes.:) Also, dad has a wooden cane that apprently was used by an uncle of sorts who had served in the Boer war.
Marc

Offline McIntyreDownUnder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 02:11 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you. what are you doing at "School"?

We (Tom & Marc) need to develop the Jack tree as it may have some older data before John McIntyre 1828/1904 and the bonfire.

I have added Jenny Jack to my tree to see if Smart Matches picks up on that. do you have her dates because I think I've put her with the wrong John McIntyre

My tree link is http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-124271811/fagg

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi John-network admin is what I am taking. The jacks are a link I never travelled down.. I will ask my dad for jims addy and send an snail nail to him and see what he may know. i guess it is winter down your way. gillam manitoba had 20 cm of snow the other day.
marc

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 03:58 BST (UK) »
I think the info in the Jack side of your tree is incorrect as Jenny was born in 1904 and her husband james would have been 89 when she was born.
Marc

Offline McIntyreDownUnder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 21 January 16 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marc,

Are you still there?

We are using My Heritage and now onto familysearch.org

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 21 January 16 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi there John
Good to hear from you! Yes still kicking.  8) I get the emails from My heritage actually. I do need to ask a question about the Jack family links you have.
I have an email, just not sure it is valid still for you.

Marc

Offline Su Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Sunday 11 September 16 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a copy of the photograph of the bonfire shown in these posts.  My family were from Lamlash, Hyslop's and Stewart's, and I believe that some of them may be in the photograph.  I know they lived at Benlester and my Great Great Grand Grandfather, Andrew Hyslop was a shepherd.  He wasn't from Arran, but married an Arran lass, Catherine Stewart from Corriecravie.

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Friday 20 January 17 05:42 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering is your copy of the picture quite good? The reason I wa asking is that I only have a digital copy and it is not great.

marc

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday 20 January 17 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I noted this is a very old thread but some of you may not know that the Indexes on scotlandspeople are now free which helps immensely & only 6 credits per download (£1.50) unless you have to order any which are within the privacy yrs.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"