Author Topic: Jane Campbell McKenzie  (Read 7892 times)

Offline patriotsday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Campbell McKenzie
« on: Tuesday 02 April 13 15:02 BST (UK) »
I started to do some research into my family and have come across my 3rd great grandmother named Jane Campbell McKenzie, in her death notice in 1923 it says she is a direct descendant of the Duke of Argyle. Jane was born to John and Mary Mckenzie on Dec. 11 1828 in Scotland. any information relating to Jane or her family would be greatly appreciated.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Campbell McKenzie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Patriotsday

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Can you give us a little bit more info to try and help. Where is the source of her date of birth of 11 Dec 1828? What exactly does her death notice say? What do you have on her family, parents, siblings etc? Did she die in Scotland or elsewhere? Who did she marry?

Sorry for all the many questions  :P

As much relevant info as you can provide, will help others help you further or connected family be able to connect with you because of the info showing  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patriotsday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi  sorry about not including more from the beginning.  Jane was born in Scotland and emigrated to Prince Edward Island, Canada in 1850. In Canada She married first William Roberts (1850-1854) then Thomas Plestid (1857-1878) and lastly William Barlow 1899-1909. In 1909 she moved to Wakefield MA and died  in 1923. Her date of birth was from information on Ancestry.com, according to the census information her Birth could have been in 1828, 1830 or 1832. Her Death Certificate lists her Parents as John and Mary Mckenzie. I don't know about any other family members.

Thanks  :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

There is a Jane McKenzie Plestid on www.familysearch.org. She is listed on the User Submitted Genealogies.

Jane McKenzie Plestid born 15 Feb 1835- Prince Edward Island. She married William Barlow 2 Aug 1899. I realise this gives you another date of birth but perhaps Jane was being a little bit coy regards her age by the time of marriage no.3 :D.

Do you know if she came alone to Canada?

Regards,
Looby

Offline patriotsday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 16:04 BST (UK) »
Looby,

Thank you for that information. I have tried to find the record that you mentioned and I am unable to locate it. I don't know if she came alone or not there really isn't much of her early time in Canada.

Patriotsday

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 April 13 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
 Do you mean you are you unable to find the marriage info on Jane Plestid on familysearch?

If that is so - just key Jane Plestid into the name boxes on the Discover Your Family History page and search. A whole list of results will appear....scroll down to the bottom of the page.....till you reach - search results from user submitted genealogies....click on ' all 75 results'. A new page will appear and Jane McKenzie Plestid is the top one.

Apologies if that is not what your last post meant. There is also Canadian and US Census info regarding Jane on this website.
Regards
Looby

Offline patriotsday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 April 13 17:05 BST (UK) »
Looby,

No you were correct, however I was finally able to locate it. I had hopped that it might provide more information, but at least now I have another date of birth.

Thanks

Patrioitsday

Offline bunkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Jane married William Roberts first, then Henry Plestid and finally George Barlow.   I am descended through her daughter Willina Amanda.  She married Daniel Sullivan.  Their daughter, Gertrude married John DeChambeau.  Contact me if you want more info.  From what marriage are you descended?  One, Two or Three?
Bunkie
MATERNAL Bouldry, Benson, Armstrong, Estes, Harlow, Thompson, Sproule, Standish, Warren, Maxim, Wilbore, Woods, Lovejoy, Gurney, Bourne, Lindstrom, Sturtevant, McCallum
PATERNAL De Chambeau, Waters, Sullivan, Snell, Jennings, Morrison, Plestid, Roberts, McKenzie, O'Brien, Alden, Mullins, White, Stone, Neafus, Holman, Manning, King, Barton

Offline patriotsday

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Bunkie,

We may have already spoken on Ancestry. My 2nd Great Grandfather was George Roberts. the son of Jane and William Roberts.

Patriotsday