Author Topic: Larry Bosworth Davies  (Read 3504 times)

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Larry Bosworth Davies
« on: Wednesday 08 October 14 14:54 BST (UK) »
Larry Bosworth Davies married Sarah ?  - Children Mabel b. 17 Feb 1917, Peggy, Malcolm and Tucker.   Mabel married Joseph Griffiths 1942 in East Radnor, Wales.  Larry and wife Sarah were living in Presteigne, Radnorshire (Powys) 1940's onwards.  I have found a birth for Mabel Mar qtr 1917  Radnor, mother Morris but the family seem to think the mother's surname should be Wilson!!!

Larry Bosworth Davies had sisters Koreen, Kerralea and Victoria.  The story is that they came over from Ireland, when I don't know.  I have spent days trying to find a trace of this family in England/Wales with no luck.
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
Re: Larry Bosworth Davies
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 15:14 BST (UK) »
  I have found a birth for Mabel Mar qtr 1917  Radnor, mother Morris but the family seem to think the mother's surname should be Wilson!!!

could she have been a widow?

eadaoin
Begg - Dublin, Limerick, Cardiff
Brady - Dublin
Breslin - Wexford, Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
O'Hara - Wexford, Kingstown
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Lynam - Meath and Renovo, Pennsylvania
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 15:35 BST (UK) »

... The story is that they came over from Ireland, when I don't know ...

Is that absolutely everything you can provide on any Irish connection?

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 16:07 BST (UK) »
Yes, I suppose she could have been a widow.  The story goes that Mabel, or maybe it was Mabel's  mother?? was intelligent and she came, or was brought over to England/Wales for her education.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 17:06 BST (UK) »
You'll need to start with more recent events then try to work back to fill in some dates then see if you can identify a link to Ireland.

If Larry Bosworth Davies was having children by 1917 then there's the 1911 English/Welsh census (we can't do lookups for it) and the 1911 Irish census (free)-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

The sisters' names are very distinctive but none of the first or last names you've mentioned, other than 'Wilson', give any indication of an Irish connection.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 17:13 BST (UK) »
I agree with you entirely- but I have drawn a blank on the English/Welsh census.  I'll try the Irish.  With the distinctive names I thought it would all be a 'piece of cake'.  Ha, Ha.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 17:47 BST (UK) »
Let's start with the 'facts' that you already have.

1) "Children Mabel b. 17 Feb 1917, Peggy, Malcolm and Tucker" where does Mabel's exact date of birth come from? do you have her birth certificate? and the names of her siblings?

2) "Mabel married Joseph Griffiths 1942 in East Radnor, Wales" do you have the marriage certificate? if not, have you found it in the marriage index?

3) "Larry Bosworth Davies had sisters Koreen, Kerralea and Victoria." other than family heresay, do you have any more details about them?

4) "Larry and wife Sarah were living in Presteigne, Radnorshire (Powys) 1940's onwards." Any idea when and where they died? Do you have an exact address?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi There

By saying Larry married Sarah ?, I take it that means you haven't even gotten their marriage certificate OR any of their children's births certs.

I'm sorry but you need to do a LOT of work on getting actual certificates before looking for the family.

Tara

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 22:22 BST (UK) »
There again, I agree entirely, but I can't find any of the children's births, nor Larry's marriage.  That is why I thought there might be something in Ireland.

1. The birth date comes from Mabel's death certificate and her son.  Mabel's siblings, again from her son.  2. The name of Mabel's father, Larry, and mother Sarah, from Mable's son (his grandfather & grandmother) 3. No details. 4. I made a blunder there - It is Mabel and Joseph who lived in Presteigne.  Mable's son does not know where his grandparents lived, he thought possibly Ireland.

I'm now trying to find out if there are any other relations who can throw any light on the problem.