Author Topic: Catholic Records for Carlow  (Read 5890 times)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catholic Records for Carlow
« on: Monday 01 April 13 05:37 BST (UK) »
Does any one know if any of the pay or free sites are working on a searchable database for pre civil registration Catholic B and M records? If Yes, who and has there been a timeframe for completion hinted at?  Have found a site that has the Doyles for the first years after CR and while there were a reasonable number of Thomas's (Father): fortunately Peter (Son circa 1828) did not seem to be so popular. As my Greatgrandmother was the most likely person to have supplied details for her Fathers death cert and she did not know her Grandmothers name it did not surprise me after tracking down all the family in NZ that no one had historical memory of her name.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Records for Carlow
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 April 13 09:03 BST (UK) »
I am not aware of any immediate plans to add Catholic records for Co. Carlow online at the moment. I would think that the IrishGenealogy website would be the likely location for these, as they already have the CofI records online for the county.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 00:29 BST (UK) »
I am in the same boat.  I don't think Carlow even has a family history center for anyone to put records on line.  I have heard of some people having a little success at the libraries....not me.  Some of the parishes have film available through the LDS sites.  I just got through looking at film for Borris.  The film is difficult to read, but the other 2 parishes were in worse shape.
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline rosyapple

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 19:02 BST (UK) »
I am also waiting for Carlow records. Not holding my breath though. Come on Carlow!!!
Doyle, Kildare & Dublin, Murphy, Carlow. Reilly & Ganly, Dublin. Osbaldstone, Dorset, London & WW1.

Offline trazz

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hopefully we wont have to wait to long. I have been told that there is a Tender out for a Genealogy Centre in Bagenalstown.  :D

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 22:10 BST (UK) »
Know its not a lot but Dunleckney(present day parish of Bagenalstown) baptismal records from 1820 to 1850 are available here;

http://rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcar2/Dunleckney_index.htm

Presume (from the addresses given)these include people baptised in Newtown and Ballinkillen churches
Also here are headstone details from the old graveyard in Dunleckney.
Know that Ballon has some details available

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcar2/Ballon_Baptisims_01.htm

Other (limited)Carlow parish records;

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlcar2/Baptisims.htm
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 April 13 05:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone :)