Author Topic: James Fitzpatrick  (Read 7018 times)

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
James Fitzpatrick
« on: Wednesday 13 November 13 01:31 GMT (UK) »
On the 28th April 1880 at the Roman Catholic Chapel at Carlow James Fitzpatrick aged 30 married Mary Ann Colgan James 's father was also a James occupation Labourer  The grooms address was given as Conacre all I can find out about that is it was a piece of land not a place of habitation is this correct? the subsequent child was born at Coolcullen Co Kilkenny and registered at Castlecomber he was raised at Bagenelstown by his grandmother. How can one go about finding James POB and James seniors details from this sparse information?
Thank You Dennis
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Fitzpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Conacre (or Coneykeare) is 124 acres of agricultural land, near Leighlinbridge. In Griffiths Valuation in 1852, there were 7 farms listed there.

Agricultural labourers tended to move around a lot, often only renting properties for a year or so, so though James junior may have been living there, it doesn’t necessarily mean he was born there. His birth is before the start of statutory birth registration (1864) and so you won’t find a birth cert for him. You might find his baptism. Assuming he was RC and that he was born in the parish (Leighlinbridge) you could look up the parish records which go back to the 1780s (with some gaps). A copy is held in the National Library in Dublin, and LDS also have a copy which you could order in to your nearest LDS library. I don’t think the records for Carlow are on-line anywhere.

http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/browse/counties/rcmaps
Elwyn

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I found a birth of a James Fitzpatrick but do not know if it yours.

Birth:
James Fitzpatrick
2 Feb 1840
father:James Fitzpatrick
mother:Margaret Doyle
at Barnahask,Clonegall,Carlow

also found a marriage for a James Fitzpatrick and Mary Lowry 6 Aug 1820 but do not know if this may be one of father's marriages.

In Griffiths Valuation 1848-1864 there is a Mary Fitzpatrick living in townland of Ardra,parish Castlecomer. Is she any relation? I ask as a Bridget Fitzpatrick left from that residence to go to the US in 1853 and I came across info that the James you seek may have gone to the US. Is that a possibility?

Also,in the 1876 Landowners list there is a Michael Fitzpatrick Jr living at Damestown,West, Castlecomer.
Do you have the birth cert for the child born to James and Mary? It may be an idea to contact groni.ie to obtain it. Also, where the child was raised by a grandmother is it safe to assume Mary passed away?
You may have to go forward to go back in this case.If you have any other info,I will look further.Kim

Offline densavage

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 02:39 BST (UK) »
Have sent you a PM
Piercy Nfk .Buck Nfk. Vince Nfk. Meachen Nfk. Fuller Nfk. Green Swannington Nfk. Seaman Yaxham Nfk  Savage Sur/ Ham. Homan Cor/Ham. Higgins Gal/Ham. Knott  Thame Oxf. Maynard Great Haseley Oxf. Lewis Henley in Arden War.Woodhams Ken/Sus.Sargent Hastings. Waters Hastings.Evernden Hastings. Savery Hastings,
Colgan Gal. Keenan  Millisle & Belfast. Kane Dow. Mcaleese Belfast. Fitzpatrick Kik.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,could you resend me the PM as I seem to have deleted it and I have a couple of questions,Kim

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, I just found something that seems to have been overlooked. On the marriage cert of James Fitzpatrick it says that his father is James and that his mother's name is Margaret. I looked on rootsireland and other sites and the only birth between 1840-1860 for a James Fitzpatrick is the one I gave you for 2 February 1840 in Clonegal,Carlow to James Fitzpatrick & Margaret Doyle. But here's the twist-I found 3 marriages of various James Fitzpatricks to 3 different Margarets. One of them however is interesting in that this James Fitzpatrick marries a Margaret Kenny on 5 November 1832 in the Cathedral of the Assumption the same place as James & Mary Ann Colgan. Now I couldn't find the birth of James (who marries Mary Ann) to those parents but with Irish records as they are it may be missing,illegible or not available. Its possible that this is your James' parents. Hope this helps,Kim 

Offline raynelson113

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 August 15 20:40 BST (UK) »
re james Fitzpatrick. my great grandfather james Fitzpatrick married Margaret geary in the church of the assumption urlingford Kilkenny in about 1880, my grandfather michael francis  was born 1887. I know of two brothers - john and matthew and a sister Catherine. does this help.