Author Topic: help.. kathleen leefe, marion louise leefe, sophronia leefe, james ackers leefe  (Read 1168 times)

Offline xmilliemoominsx

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am searching for anybody may be related to KATHLEEN LEEFE, specifically any children or grandchildren who may be living, she died 20th august 1990 and was cremated 24th august 1990 at carlton cemetary, her funeral was arranged by the co-operative, her mother was MARION LOUISE LEEFE, her grandparents would have been SOPHRONIA LEEFE and JAMES ACKERS LEEFE. As a child Kathleen lived at 4 Wyre Grove, Blackpool. Please, even if you have the tiniest bit of information i would hugely appreciate it x

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: help.. kathleen leefe, marion louise leefe, sophronia leefe, james ackers leefe
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 05:44 BST (UK) »
this post is reflective of your other post >

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=702378.msg5453365#msg5453365

.......ps for research of lancashire genealogical records one excellent site to use is the lancashire opc.
 :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: help.. kathleen leefe, marion louise leefe, sophronia leefe, james ackers leefe
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 08:18 BST (UK) »
And here's the same post even earlier (with replies):

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=398344
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline xmilliemoominsx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 08:34 BST (UK) »
thankyou, im aware i have posted this before several years ago but have still had no joy with it, thanks for the advice x

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 08:52 BST (UK) »
Rather than start more posts for the same topic it's best to stick to the original one. If you've new details you can post them on the original one, otherwise you just cause more confusion and extra work for anyone that is trying to help.

Have you checked the birth, marriage, death indexes as suggested? (FreeBMD may not have coverage recent enough or cover the area you need but there are pay sites which might help).

If Leefe was her birth surname and her surname at death, are you sure that she did marry at some point? Does her death certificate show her status as single, married or divorced?

Offline xmilliemoominsx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 09:05 BST (UK) »
thanks for the advice, i have no idea wether she married or not, the only information i have is what ive mentioned here and being very much an amateur with this i have no idea what im doing if im honest, i have no death certificate

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 09:08 BST (UK) »
Death certificate will list marital status as well as informant (often, but not always a relative).

Since you only know the details you've told us about why do you think she might have married and had a child/children?

Offline xmilliemoominsx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 09:15 BST (UK) »
i dont know wether she married or evan had children, its a shot in the dark, she is the birth sister of my grandfather who was adopted at a few days old in 1919, kathleen as far as i can find is the only other sibling and since my grandfathers birth mother and grandparents would have died by now she seems my only possibility, my confusion lies that kathleen would have been approx 12 when my grandfather was born so i cant understand why he would be born in a workhouse/orphanage and adopted from there, it was not a legal adoption, more an agreement as his adoption records state he was legally adopted 11 years later, kind regards

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 09:18 BST (UK) »
I think your next move should be to obtain the death cert,as that is the only date that is 100% certain.It will avoid you tracing the wrong family.

Kathleen Leefe  DOB   12 Dec 1907
Died    Aug 1990 Age 82
Registration district    Blackpool and Fylde, Lancashire
Volume    40   Page 517

Use the official GRO site and you will only pay £9-25.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk