Author Topic: Edward Keeshan Roscrea Tipperary  (Read 6603 times)

Offline irishdna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Keeshan Roscrea Tipperary
« on: Tuesday 16 August 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
Edward Keeshan:   Searching for the parents and siblings of Edward Keeshan born 1805 and died 1867 in Mountdudley, Roscrea, Tipperary. Edward Keeshan married Catherine Gilbert on 13 Feb 1831.

Church Marriage Edward Keeshan
Groom:  Edward Keeshan
Bride:    Catherine Gilbert
Marriage date:  13 Feb 1831
Address: not recorded
Parish/District:  Dunkerrin
County:  Tipperary
Father:   not recorded
Mother:  not recorded
Witness #1:  John Gilbert   (father or brother of Catherine?)
Witness #2:  Felix Hynes

Edward was a farmer.  They had five children:
Margaret b1833,married unknown Maher of the Turnpike, Dublin Road
William b1835, no marriage info
John b1838 (my G-GF), married Catherine Quinlisk 1869, lived in Pintown, Roscrea, Tipperary
Mary b1840, no marriage info
Michael b1842, married Catherine Clarke, lived in Mountdudley

Did Edward Keeshan have brothers named James Keeshan and Tim Keeshan? 

Tim Keeshan stood sponsor with Catherine Kennedy for church baptism of Edward's son William Keeshan b1835.

James Keeshan stood sponsor with Mary Ryan for church baptism of Edward's son John Keeshan b1838. 

I hope to hear from someone with the same ancestors!  Thanks.
Conroy: Reary, Rosenallis and Drummond, Laois (Queens)/Manhattan, New York / Gilbert:  Roscrea, Tipperary / Hogan:  Reary, Clonaslee, Laois / Keeshan: Mountdudley, Carrick Hill, Pintown, Roscrea, Tipperary/Forest Hills, New York / Kehily:  Blackrock and Rathmines, Dublin / Maher:  Roscrea, Tipperary / Evanston, Illinois / Mealey: Reary, Clonaslee, Laois / Meara:  Offaly (Kings) / O'Brien and Parker :  Reary, Clonaslee, Laois / Quinlisk: Clonymohan, Templeharry, Offaly (Kings)

Offline Kimberleyxx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Keeshan Roscrea Tipperary
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 June 13 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hello , i was wondering if you have any links to a michael keeshan/keechan or a james keeshan/keechan they are brothers , micheal was born in 1933 and i am unsure about james there fathers name was james keeshan and i dont have his birth year..
if you can be of any help please email me
thanks
kimberley

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hello , i was wondering if you have any links to a michael keeshan/keechan or a james keeshan/keechan they are brothers , micheal was born in 1933 and i am unsure about james there fathers name was james keeshan and i dont have his birth year..
thanks
kimberley

Some birth entries in the index for Michael and James Keeshan in Roscrea district mother Mullally -You would have to get a birth cert to check if it is the correct family- you can get an application form at www.groireland.ie
Link http://tinyurl.com/ofkyq46
annclare

Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 11:03 BST (UK) »
A Keeshan family in Roscrea in the 1911 census - may be of interest

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tipperary/Roscrea/Limerick_Street/824346/
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline suemccall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 August 14 06:54 BST (UK) »
I don't have any connection to the name Keeshan but I am thinking that I have a connection to John Gilbert. I suspect this is a relation of the Gilberts that I am researching.  I have a John Gilbert who is from Cloughane, Holycross, Co Tipperary, Ireland. I am sure he is the father of Mary who married James Sheppard of Clifton Tipperary.  I also have an Eliza who married Joseph Antisell and a Grace Gilbert who married a Jonathan Shortt. This probably doesn't ring any bells but it would be interesting to know if your Catherine was also a Gilbert!
Shortt, Antisell, Owen, Smith and Bagnall Families of Ireland
Edols, Lees/Lee of Liverpool, Lancashire, Ross of Renfrewshire, Bryce of Renfrewshire, Family of Hew Craig and Margaret Dumas, Gibraltar.  Dumas family of Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.

Offline suemccall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 August 14 06:56 BST (UK) »
Having said that my Gilbert family are earlier that your Catherine but that's not to say they aren't related as my family were from this area.

Shortt, Antisell, Owen, Smith and Bagnall Families of Ireland
Edols, Lees/Lee of Liverpool, Lancashire, Ross of Renfrewshire, Bryce of Renfrewshire, Family of Hew Craig and Margaret Dumas, Gibraltar.  Dumas family of Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.

Offline Helen_Melon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 16 August 15 21:12 BST (UK) »
thanks
kimberley

Unfortunately you may not see my response as you posted this years ago, but my gran's half brothers were called James and Michael Keeshan and were from Tipperary.  Their mother was Anne Donoghue or similar.

Offline donno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 August 15 22:40 BST (UK) »
I have a Margaret Keeshan in my family tree.  She was born about 1834 in Tipperary according to one of my cousins who has done some research on the Moore side of the family.  Margaret married John Moore from Glendine, Arderin, Mountmellick, Queen's County.  She had 12 children, the oldest of whom, James/Jim Moore, was born 2nd December 1965 in Coolrain, Laois.   She died on 16th January 1926 and is buried in Camross, Co. Laois.  I wonder if this is the same lady you have in your family.

Unfortunately, I have no other information on the Keeshan family at all.  The fact that it is such an unusual surname and from the same county....perhaps there is a connection.