Author Topic: Joseph Fitzpatrick, Tipperary 1927.  (Read 4023 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Fitzpatrick, Tipperary 1927.
« on: Saturday 02 March 13 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am having difficulty finding information on an ancestor and I would appreciate any help available. My paternal grandfather was named Joseph Fitzpatrick. I have unfortunately very little information on him, other than he was born in Tipperary in Ireland in 1927 and that he died in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland in 1995 aged 68 years old. His parents are not listed on the certificate, but this is due to the fact my family either disliked him or did not know of them.

I would like to know more about his parents.

I am sorry if there is little to go on, but this is all I know and anything will be appreciated.

my thanks

Simon

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Fitzpatrick, Tipperary 1927.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 March 13 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Have you got his marriage certificate as this should show his father's name and might help as there are  a number of Joseph Fitzpatrick's born in Tipperary around 1927- index from familysearch.org
Link
http://tinyurl.com/b6o8h4y
As you can see there is one in 1927 in Cashel Quarter Jul- Sep vol 3 page 273 but it may not be the correct one.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 March 13 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi..

I was just going to ask the same thing about the marriage cert, lol. That might be a start. Fitzpatrick is a common name so it could be a needle in a haystack, I'm afraid.

Annie

The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello all

I cannot find a marriage certificate since my father was born out of wedlock and his parents, his father being Joseph did not marry.

I appreciate any help though

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 16:05 GMT (UK) »
The majority of information I got about Joseph was from his death certificate. The names of his parents were blank, this was likely because my father and family did not know whom his parents were and never asked since Joseph wasn't a very nice man