Author Topic: McInerney Limerick City  (Read 13653 times)

Offline Mauricedan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McInerney Limerick City
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 March 13 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Louisag,

I have some information on this McInerney family. Your ggrandmother was a sister to my wife's ggrandmother Mary Rose McInerney. She married a John McDonell and their daughter Rosemary McDonell went on to marry James O'Riordan her grandfather.

If you are interested in further information I can send you a family tree. We are trying to establish a link with an O'Brien family from Lough Gur as this family goes back to the 16th century. Your ggrandmother was Catherine O'Brien (married to Patrick McInerney) and we believe her father was one of these O'Briens from Lough Gur. If you google "the farm by Lough Gur " you will find out more about the family.

Would also appreciate any information which you ay have. My mother in law who is 89 knew about a Major Gummer !

Offline moorside

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 March 13 20:33 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother was Bridget McInerney who married John Hanly at St Munchins in Limerick in 1903.

Bridget's Father was Thomas McInerney, her Mother Mary Dillon

If you want further information regarding this line of the family please let me know

Offline Louisag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Maurice

I have only just seen your post - and would love to compare notes about the McINERNEYs and the GUMMERs!

I have Catherine McINERNEY nee O'BRIEN now on both the 1901 and 1911 census as a widow, and a publican in Queen Street in Limerick.

Hope you see this quicker than I saw your post!

Louisa

Offline Mauricedan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Louisa,
Good to hear from you at last !
Patrick McInerney and Catherine O'Brien would have been my wife's great great grandparents.
I have not been able to find out about Patricks antecedents but have quite a bit of information about the O'Briens who came originally from County Clare to Lough Gur in County Limerick. One of the Lough Gur O'Briens was the subject of a book written by Lady Carbery and in the cover of this book there is a family tree stretching back to the 16th Century.
If you give me your email address I will try to send you a copy of the family tree.
You can contact me at *
Regards,
Maurice
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php