Author Topic: Pembrokeshire Headstones and Memorials  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pembrokeshire Headstones and Memorials
« on: Tuesday 19 March 13 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Free talk at MONKTON CHURCH HALL, on 6th APRIL 2013 at 10:30am

I received this notice from ORIELBENFRO, a valued member of the Rootschat community, who has helped many members with their Pembrokeshire research. Please make yourself known to Orielbenfro if you attend this very useful event.

I hope that plenty of people take advantage of this opportunity, and I would like to thank Orielbenfro for his sterling work.
Morgan

"On the 6th April 2013 at 10:30, I shall be giving a talk on the last surviving Monkton St Nicholas Headstones and internal church Memorials. The talk will also include reference to military personal who would have a right to be, but are not listed on the Monkton Church Internal War Memorial Plaques for W.W. 1 and W.W. 2. All are most welcome to this very free talk at Monkton Church Hall.
The idea of this research came about from discussion with a member of the church restoration group, from which I hoped to produce a leaflet that could be sold to raise much needed funds, however the leaflet turned into an 87 page book.
I have at my own expense compiled and published a short run of the book to be deposited at research locations, but will not be on general sale. I have turned the results of my research into a book on CD in .pdf format. I will be passing the master copy of the CD to the Church Restoration Group for them to sell to help raise the urgent funds required.    AT NO POINT WILL I BE EARNING ANY INCOME IN ANY FORM FROM THE SALES. I DID THE PROJECT JUST FOR FUN. All and any money earned will go to the church only.
At the event I will have a display of my research (See Pembrokeshire Offers) which can be viewed by visitors to the talk.
Due to health reasons this will probably be the one of the last talks/displays I shall ever give. However, if I have enough time left, I hope to complete exactly the same for St Mary and St Michael as I have done for Monkton St Nicholas, alas there will not be enough room to include the hundreds of entries of military personal from St Mary that rest at Llanion Cemetery and are included in my Military Headstone Database of 1714 to 2013.
If you can make the event, please make yourself known to me as a fellow “Rootschat” member."

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Headstones and Memorials - for sale in aid of Church
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 September 13 21:52 BST (UK) »
I have received this update from Orielbenfro regarding sale of booklets relating to Pembrokeshire Parish burials and memorials. Please contact Orielbenfro by PM for further info:

I have now produced the following e-Books on CD ;
1. Headstones & Memorials of Monkton St Nicholas - 88 pages
2. Headstones & Memorials of Pembroke St Mary (2nd Edition) - 64 pages
3. Headstones & Memorials of Pembroke St Michael - 95 Pages
4. Headstones of Park Street Cemetery P.D. (Unfinished as yet, currently stands at 146 page over 6 different chapters, but will hit nearer the 175 pages when finished).
5. Projected next Book is Military Related Headstones of Llanion Cemetery. This will cover my database of serving and ex service men and women and related military operations(air raids etc) buried at Llanion P.D.,  covering the period from about 1813 to 2013 some 1200 in total(1st burial at Llanion was 1872), this will run to well over 200 pages and more, and will include references to most conflicts around the world ... in the 19th and 20th century.

Books 1 to 3 are being sold in .pdf format at £5-00 each on CD only plus (£2 Inl, £3 0/seas p&p). All and every penny (less cost of p&p) goes direct from me to the relevant Church funds.Book 4 is not yet finished, and the cost of this has not yet been arrived at.
Book 5 is but a twinkle at present, but is on the stocks and ready for compilation since all the vast amounts of interesting research already sits on my computer. Again cost is undecided.

Each book contains headstone(s) with some more and some less background research, it does not contain full F.H. of each family, a near impossible task. Where headstones do not survive but are known burials they are also included.
...I do not get a penny from the sales of my work, just perhaps a few pence after p&p, but even where possible this will go to the church, it is just that I decided I might as well put the long hours I spend on research in the County to some good use for someone or something.

I still do free research and assistance in answer to any queries received, but these are now very rare indeed, than what it used to be like.

If you are in a position to pass on this info I would be gratefull.
Rgds
Owen Ap Benfro