Author Topic: Family of Corns/Cornes  (Read 1465 times)

Offline bushel of Corns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Family of Corns/Cornes
« on: Tuesday 18 October 05 22:27 BST (UK) »
???  Any body out there have Corns/Cornes in their family tree line? I am looking for any info on corns/Cornes. Have some info on family from Staffordshire England. My great grandfather immigrated to the US in 1881. Most of his siblings also came at various times to the Us. Would love to have a full listening of his siblings if possible. His parents where, Mark and Mary Ann (Clark) cornes. The spelling of Cornes has changed some where in time to Corns.

Would love to hear from any corns.  :)

Hunting form the US...

April

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Corns/Cornes
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 22:34 BST (UK) »
I'll send you some by PM
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yankiescot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 February 06 21:17 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure if I have any Cornes  :o . I am attempting to determine if Sarah Glencornes is really Sarah Glen Cornes. I have Sarah Glencornes in an OPR marriage in 1843 to John Park in Cadder parish, Lanark, Scotland. I am unable to find "Glencornes"  anywhere I am assuming it is not a surname. Sarah and John had two children found in OPR: Janet Jackson Park b1849 and John Parkb1847.

Any suggestions or matches?

Offline bushel of Corns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 February 06 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The only Sarah i have so far that i have found is my great grand mother who was married to Roland G. corns. They came to the States with some of their children and she was pregnant with a child and had several more that was born here.
Both were from England.
Her maiden name was Sarah Ann Griffith.
I do not have  alot of info right now on the Corns/Cornes, but i will let you know if i do find any connections or info on  your Sarah Glen cornes.
Thank you for posting a reply to my inquiry.

Offline bushel of Corns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 February 06 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The only Sarah i have so far that i have found is my great grand mother who was married to Roland G. corns. They came to the States with some of their children and she was pregnant with a child and had several more that was born here.
Both were from England.
Her maiden name was Sarah Ann Griffith.
I do not have  alot of info right now on the Corns/Cornes, but i will let you know if i do find any connections or info on  your Sarah Glen cornes.
Thank you for posting a reply to my inquiry.