Author Topic: Edward STONE - Pub Landlord  (Read 1885 times)

Offline MarcusStone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward STONE - Pub Landlord
« on: Thursday 03 January 08 12:19 GMT (UK) »
During the period 1902-06 my g.gf Edward STONE was landlord/owner of the Fountain Inn on Horton Street in St. Philips and St. Jacob, Bristol.  Unfortunately the establishment no longer exists but I would really like to know more general information about this pub around this time.  I am aware of the Bristol Lost Pubs site.  I know the pub was still standing in 1914 as it is listed in the Kelly's Trade Directory of that time albeit with a different name over the door.

Any information regarding the pub or the street around that time, or indeed suggetions as to where further info could be found, would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Offline Tatum Triggs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Edward STONE - Pub Landlord
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marcus, I am just a go between here. My dad happened upon your query, and couldn't work out how to reply. My great gran (his gran) was born at The Fountain. She was called Stone. If you would like to know more, just message me back, and I shall see what I can do.

Offline MarcusStone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward STONE - Pub Landlord
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there and thanks for getting in touch. I am keen to know more, so whatever you uncover would be gratefully received. As a matter of interest what was your gr. gran's forename? My grandad was called Charles and he was born 4th June 1889. Could he have been her older brother?
Marcus