Author Topic: COLDRON, George William?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline hcoldron

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COLDRON, George William?
« on: Sunday 19 March 06 17:32 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find information on George William COLDRON.

I have found his marriage record to Martha BOOTH. I know (95%) that this was the maiden name of my Great Grandma.

I think that George William (known as William) was born in 1882 (freeBMD) and that he married Martha in 1904.

I can't seem to find him on any census with any indication that I have the same George William.

Any ideas about where I should look, or ways in which I can find "proof" that it's the right man?

Thanks in advance
Bassham, Booth, Chambers, Cobb, Coldron, Courts, Dernie, Farmery, Hill, Houghton, Lawson, Marsh, Snowden, Ulyatt, Wagstaff in Lincs/Yorks/Notts

Cottrell, Grice, Walley, Wade in Staffs
Dumont, Hall in London
Dumont in Tolouse-France

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: COLDRON, George William?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 March 06 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Welcome to Rootschat ;)

If you post all the details you already have I'll have a look for him eg where did they marry? Do you have the marriage certificate? If yes - post all details, including witnesses. If no - ordering the certificate would be your best next step.

Cheers Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline hcoldron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 06 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan,

I don't have the marriage certificate - I've been mostly using the free resources so far!

What information do I need to have to obtain a marriage certificate? What info should I be sure of before taking that step?
Bassham, Booth, Chambers, Cobb, Coldron, Courts, Dernie, Farmery, Hill, Houghton, Lawson, Marsh, Snowden, Ulyatt, Wagstaff in Lincs/Yorks/Notts

Dumont, Hall in London
Dumont in Tolouse-France

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 March 06 17:46 GMT (UK) »
There is a George W Coldron in Lincoln in 1891, in 1901 he is a boarder in Yorkshire - would that fit with what you know?

Jan ;)

Re marriage certificate - what do you know already? Area they came from? You're pretty sure of her maiden-name what about her first name? Do you have a birth certifcate for the grandparent who was their child - that would give mothers name including maiden-name and George William's occupation.

ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline hcoldron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 March 06 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Jan,

Yes, that's the info I have so far. I'm having trouble finding much on my Grandparents (namely GW's son) as my Father is very reluctant to talk about it. The only *definite* info my Dad had was Martha Booth and William Coldron, and that William died when my Grandpa (Thos. Brian) was about six.

I guess I'll try to find my Grandpa's birth certificate and work back from there then.

I do know that they were probably both from the Lincoln area. My Dad tells me that his father was born in the Parish of St Martin in Lincoln.

Dumont, Hall in London
Dumont in Tolouse-France

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 March 06 18:08 GMT (UK) »
St Martin Lincoln is where George W is in 1891 so he is looking very good as your man :D If you can find your grandpa's birth certificate to work backwards from that would be best a family member may already have it worth asking around to save expense, then order the marriage you have found which again looks very likely - assume it is in the Lincoln area?

Jan ;)

buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline hcoldron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 March 06 18:55 GMT (UK) »
There is a George W Coldron in Lincoln in 1891, in 1901 he is a boarder in Yorkshire - would that fit with what you know?

The census has him transcribed as "brother", is that wrong?

Dumont, Hall in London
Dumont in Tolouse-France

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 19 March 06 20:17 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Brdr to me - which I would say is short for boarder.

Jan ;)

buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale