Author Topic: Spencer and Bergan families in Laois or Kilkenny  (Read 4176 times)

Offline kimbaby57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Spencer and Bergan families in Laois or Kilkenny
« on: Thursday 12 December 13 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  I am trying to find more information about John Spencer, who married Margaret Bergan (daughter of William Bergan and Mary Anne Barber).  Marriage would have been around 1860-1863.  Records of Margaret's baptism at Johnstown, Kilkenny February 9, 1842.  Her family may have lived in Shragh (?) Laois.  Can't find anything about the Spencers.  They all emigrated to the U.S. and eventually settled in Auburn, NewYork.

Thank you!

Offline johnclee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Spencer and Bergan families in Laois or Kilkenny
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 February 14 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  I am trying to find more information about John Spencer, who married Margaret Bergan (daughter of William Bergan and Mary Anne Barber).  Marriage would have been around 1860-1863.  Records of Margaret's baptism at Johnstown, Kilkenny February 9, 1842.  Her family may have lived in Shragh (?) Laois.  Can't find anything about the Spencers.  They all emigrated to the U.S. and eventually settled in Auburn, NewYork.

Thank you!

Offline johnclee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Spencer and Bergan families in Laois or Kilkenny
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 February 14 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have information one of my ancestors, Margaret Bergin, who married John Campion and were residents of southern Quebec, Canada. John Campion was from Cullinaugh, Queen's County and so I am making the assumption she was as well. They are both buried in the St. Patrice de Hinchinbrooke Cemetery in Hinchinbrooke, Quebec, which is within 20 km's of the US border. If this is the same Bergin family that you are investigating, I would appreciate any information you might have.

Thanks,

John Lee