Author Topic: Joseph Samuel ALDEN of Bristol  (Read 10247 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Samuel ALDEN of Bristol
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 March 14 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Christine.

Scott has not been on Rootschat since May last year.
Hopefully if his email address has not changed he will get a notification of you post on here.
If you post on here 3 times the PM system is activated and you can exchange details to contact one another off this Site.

Trish :)

EDIT;
Its strange that you have Eleanor Stone as Williams 1st Wife and I found a Marriage to a Eleanor Upton.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline chr1st1nem1tchell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 24 March 14 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish, thank you  :)

I think I have had contact with Scott a few years ago via Genes Reunited, when we exchanged quite a lot of information.

I too have found the marriage of a William Alden to Eleanor Upton but after extensive research have found that although related, they are not in my direct line.

Best wishes

Chris

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 March 14 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Good luck with it all.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 24 March 14 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Deleted, sorry was a reply to another post :-[

Offline ScottFive

• RootsChat Extra
  • Great Grandfather John Henry Pinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 July 14 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish and Christine!

Dosn't the time fly! I have been 'inactive' for a little while ... I give the family history a rest, but then take it up again with gusto when I have the time. Its so fascinating.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier Christine - yes you are right we were in contact through another channel a few years ago. And, yes, you are right regarding William Alden's first wife, it was Eleanor Stone, as I have found. I have been taking a great interest in the Aldens lately, and it can be quite confusing as the different family-lines have the same names, eg. there are several different William Aldens.  I have found it fascinating finding out more information about Susannah Alden - our x3 Great-Grandmother, mostly through newspaper articles (e.g. the court-case where it mentions her dispute with her stepson, William, over the late father/husband's will) and census information. There is much I want to share with you and ask you, so I will 'PM' you, but bare with me; its finding the time!!

I came back onto 'Rootschat' because there is a piece of handwriting that I want to decipher. I have to figure-out first how to attach an image of this (?), but maybe you may know Christine, it is regarding Samuel Alden's occupation as stated on the 1871 census (when he is a lodger - and marries Emmaline later that year) ... it says he is a "Laborer" but, it looks like, is it "Iron Works"??

Hope all is well. And thanks again Trish for your previous help :)

Scott.