Author Topic: RUSSELL Dunfermline pre 1855 deaths  (Read 2018 times)

Offline elricks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RUSSELL Dunfermline pre 1855 deaths
« on: Thursday 02 October 14 08:07 BST (UK) »
Good morning from AU. Thanks for reading this.

My 5xggf is Alexander RUSSELL who married Elizabeth COUSTON in Dunfermline 1760.

possible children, 1st, 2nd, 3, 4 and 8 born/Chr Dunfermline, 5th, 6 and 7 born/Chr in Aberdour

Ann 1760, Alexander 1762, Jean 1764, Helen 1765, David 1767, John 1789 (died 1856), James 1770, Elizabeth 1781

The only person above I have confirmed events for is John.  To start me off, I would love to know if there are any burial records for this family in Dunfermline.

John 1789-1856 is buried in the Old Burial Ground, Dunfermline. His death cert (and census) show him as a weaver. I believe he married twice (1) Mary MAIN in 1792, 3 children, and (2) Jane BROWN in 1803, 7 children.

Most of John's children died after 1855 (one lived to the age of 96), and I have these deaths mostly well covered by death registrations, and of course will share all details with anyone who has an interest.

I am also very interested in finding either a death of Mary nee MAIN, or an entry on the marriage between John and Jane BROWN that says he is a widower, as I have no other confirmation that John did marry twice.

Thanks

SHIRLEY

Offline helenbarrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RUSSELL Dunfermline pre 1855 deaths
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 April 17 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley,
Alexander Russell is mt 5thgreat grandfather also!. It would be great if we could share the info we both have on the Russell family. My late mothers maiden name was Russell.
Regards
Helen

Offline elricks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: RUSSELL Dunfermline pre 1855 deaths
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 April 17 02:41 BST (UK) »
Hello there.

Maybe you could start by checking my web site.   www.shirley-elrick.com

You will some possible marriages on some of his children, and of course a lot of details on his son John's page (my ancestor).  Almost all of what I have on Alexander's children is on the web pages, but I have some scans of certificates etc of John's family that may not

SHIRLEY