Author Topic: Leek - Walter Osborne  (Read 3822 times)

Offline aitch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alton
    • View Profile
Re: Leek - Walter Osborne
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 June 12 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
Just spotted your Osborne post and I also have Walter Osborne on my tree (I'm assuming it's the same one - married to Sarah Bloore?).  He's not a direct ancestor of mine but his grandson Walter b 1852 married my great grandaunt in Alton in 1874.    It's many years since I researched this line, but like you, I ground to a halt with Walter 1790.  :)
RATCLIFFE, BARLOW, BERESFORD, BLOOR, BYATT, DAKIN, KENT, LEES, MORTON, NORCLIFFE, OAKS, OSBORNE, PARKS, RICHARDSON, ROBINSON, SORTON, WETTON, WARRINGTON, WATTS, WOOD, WOLVERSCROFT (all from the Staffordshire Moorlands) - and specific interest in anyone who at any time lived in or around the village of ALTON

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 June 12 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Aitch
Thanks for your PM.  I have a G Grandad Walter B. 1852 in Leek and married Martha Ann Watts in 1874.  If this is 'your' Walter and you want to exchange info etc. then please get back to me.
Regards
Dave

Offline aitch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 June 12 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
Yes, your Walter b 1852 married my Martha Ann Watts. :)
I don't have a great deal of Osborne info, but I do have an image from a family bible which names your Walter which you might like to see.  I'll send the image to you by pm

-Aitch
RATCLIFFE, BARLOW, BERESFORD, BLOOR, BYATT, DAKIN, KENT, LEES, MORTON, NORCLIFFE, OAKS, OSBORNE, PARKS, RICHARDSON, ROBINSON, SORTON, WETTON, WARRINGTON, WATTS, WOOD, WOLVERSCROFT (all from the Staffordshire Moorlands) - and specific interest in anyone who at any time lived in or around the village of ALTON

Offline Sarawal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 February 13 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave
I also have just spotted your post. I am married to Walter Joseph Osborne, the direct paternal line descendant of Walter Osborne married to Sarah Bloore. We have records and family trees of their descendants through Thomas Osborne (1815 Leek) married to Emma Jane Lees (Sydney1831). It would be interesting to see how far back you have researched.
Cheers
Sara

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 February 13 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sara
Good to hear from you.   I am going to be 'out of action' for a few days but after that I will get back to you.
Regards
Dave

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 22 February 13 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sara
I'm now 'back in action' so contacting you as promised.  I would love to share info with you regarding the Osborne line.  My line is through Walter Osborne (1821).  He was the second son of Walter and Sarah Bloore and younger brother of Thomas.  I have done fairly extensive research on my branch of the family up to the present day.  I am currently researching the lines of the other  siblings of Walter and Sarah with mixed success.  I actually have quite a lot on Thomas's line thanks to Ivan Osborne who is a descendant of Thomas who you might already know.  Ivan is my 4th cousin so I guess your husband will be also.  Our stumbling block is proof of parentage for Walter and Sarah and if you have any evidence of that I would love to know about it.  If you want to communicate it might be better for us to do it via a PM (personal message) but I believe you have to have made 3 ordinary 'Posts' before you can do that.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Dave

Offline Sarawal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 March 13 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply. Yes Ivan Osborne is my father-in-law's 1st cousin. I think most of my information for the Thomas line has come from Ivan as well. Unfortunately I don't have any 'proof' for Walter and Sarah's parentage either, I do have a copy of Thomas Osborne's death certificate noting Sarah Bloore (with incorrect sp of Blower on it) and Walter Osborne (broard silk weaver). If you haven't seen it I'd be happy to share it with you. It would be great to see the research you have done. Do you have an online family tree?
Kind regards
Sara

Offline sec3mitchdr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 March 13 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sara
Thanks for your post.  If you let me have your email address I'll send you what I have on the Osbornes.  If you want to send it by Personal Message (PM) you will have to send another Post first as you need to have sent 3 Posts before you can use the Personal Message option.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
sec3mitchdr

Offline Sarawal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 10 March 13 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave

Thank you. That would be very interesting to read. I think I've inspired the rest of the Osbornes in my family too, as they are asking me all sorts of questions. My husband's brother is very interested to know if they have any relatives from other lines in their area! Apparently there are quite a few Osbornes but unfortunately many of them don't know their ancestry.

Kind regards
Sara