Author Topic: John Cumming-Margaret Imlach  (Read 2236 times)

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Cumming-Margaret Imlach
« on: Thursday 27 June 13 00:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, trying to find record of Margaret Imlach married John Cumming, Banff.Margaret was born 1807. Her parents were Andrew Imlach and Helen Cumine(Cumming). Trying to find the children of Margaret and John as we think one of the children may be GG Grandfather George imlach Cumming.Appreciate any help its been a long and arduous search.Only record on George Imlach cumming parents on his Marriage cert is John cumming.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Cumming-Margaret Imlach
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 June 13 01:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

It is helpful that when starting new topics that you provide links to the previous related topics.

The link below is to one of the several relating to George Imlach Cumming

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,647079.0.html

On the other topic you mention that a fellow researcher has given you information regarding the parents of George Imlach Cumming, what was the source of that information?

Andy

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 June 13 06:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, I recieved the info from a lady who has been researching the George Imlach Cumming that ties in with other families she is researching,.On Ireland and United kingdom GenWeb Project,Scotland Data Boards, Banffshire.
 She said she had to confirm some of the info so i am waiting to see. She was waiting to obtain the 1841 census as well as other things.I thought it might be an idea to ask myself on this site as it has been a dead end with anything proved as to his existence before he left Scotland.Except his wed cert which only lists the father.I really hadn't realised how hard it can be. Alot harder without the help of people like youselves to keep us on the right track, i would have given up months ago.This may be my last attempt me thinks, thanks.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 June 13 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

It is really important to find the source of the information otherwise people will spend time going over the same information that you have already have.

Not all Church records are online, Scotlandspeoples OPRs are the Church of Scotland, and they also have the Catholic Parish Registers but they don't have other denominations. Familysearch.org is mainly Church of Scotland, and a small number of batches from other denominations, but many others aren't on Familysearch.org. Also Scotland had Irregular Marriages which seldom appear in the records. Gretna Green was probably the most well known but they occurred all over Scotland.

Andy