Author Topic: John Bayley-born 1828-Whitchurch, Shropshire. What was his mothers maiden name?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to find a maiden name for the mother of for John Bayley  born 1828 and baptised on the 31st August 1828 in Whitchurch.
I know his father was John Bayley born around 1808 and he died in Woodhouses in 1833. He was a Tailor.
All I know about his mother is her name was Anne and no matter how hard I try I am unable to trace the elusive marriage between his parents. Can anyone see a marriage, I have looked endlessly but to no avail. (I am unable to find any other children either other than John born 1828).

Also another thing is I wonder what anybody thought about John Bayley's parents(the surname is spelt with a Y). I have found a Johnathon Bayley and a Mary Cliff who are residing in Tilstock, Whitchurch and there is a baptism for a John Bayley in 1808. This would tally with him but I wondered if anyone agreed or disagreed with me?
Thank you.

Offline genechaser

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage

Name:    Thomas Bayley
Spouse's Name:    Sarah Batho
Event Date:    03 Jun 1826
Event Place:    Whitchurch,Shropshire,England

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
I think that is probably John's(b.1808) brother Thomas who married Sarah Batho.
Thank you.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
There's a marriage in Hanmer, Flintshire, Wales which is only about 6 or 7 miles from Whitchurch:

5 Nov 1827 John Bayley & Ann Arrowsmith.

Could this be it?

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
I am going to look at that now!

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Well I don't know what to say! My great great great grandfather was John Bayley(born 1828) and he was born in Woodhouses, Whitchurch but on that baptism record it clearly says that his parents were John and Ann and that his father was a Tailor. There were other children born in Hanmer to the same parents and it clearly says father is a Tailor. It has to be the right father and mother but my John was not born in Hanmer and maybe his father was a Journeyman Tailor and so they were moving around which explains why his father died in Woodhouses, Whitchurch.

I have gone down the wrong family tree but thank you for telling me and now I can correct it! It explains why I have struggled to go back any further as I would never have thought they descended from Hanmer.

Thank you again. I am very grateful.